Author Topic: What the Hell is wrong with Conn.  (Read 3321 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What the Hell is wrong with Conn.
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »
This is one of those things I just don't understand. There was nothing dishonorable about what he did during the war. He signed up with the reserves. In the Marines for God's sakes (I'm assuming that means boot camp at Paris Island). Not an an easy thing to do. He didn't want to go to Vietnam, but who did? No shame in finding an honorable way to serve that minimized your chances of being sent. It doesn't mean he couldn't have been deployed.
So why lie about it? What's the point? He till took the oath and signed up. Good enough for me. Its like Hillary yammering on about snipers in Sarejevo. Again, why? She went there and did her job and saw some serious things that would have made anyone grow up a bit. Why add the "action sequence"? It makes no sense particularly since its all public record and could be easily found out. Did they think no one would look while they were running for national office? :o
The only thing I will give this guy credit for is that he probably did experience the ugly side of the anti-war stuff. Anyone in uniform then did, no matter where they served. Beyond that, WTF?  
FQ13

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 11:50:14 AM »

This is one of those things I just don't understand. There was nothing dishonorable about what he did during the war. He signed up with the reserves. In the Marines for God's sakes (I'm assuming that means boot camp at Paris Island). Not an an easy thing to do. He didn't want to go to Vietnam, but who did? No shame in finding an honorable way to serve that minimized your chances of being sent. It doesn't mean he couldn't have been deployed.
So why lie about it? What's the point? He till took the oath and signed up. Good enough for me. Its like Hillary yammering on about snipers in Sarejevo. Again, why? She went there and did her job and saw some serious things that would have made anyone grow up a bit. Why add the "action sequence"? It makes no sense particularly since its all public record and could be easily found out. Did they think no one would look while they were running for national office? :o
The only thing I will give this guy credit for is that he probably did experience the ugly side of the anti-war stuff. Anyone in uniform then did, no matter where they served. Beyond that, WTF? 
FQ13

After five deferments he landed a spot in a Marine Reserve unit based in Washington, which virtually guaranteed that he would not be sent to Vietnam. He lied about it time and time again as a feather in his cap as a politician. Even the people who worked for him thought he was a battlefield hero

Stolen Valor with an asterix if you ask me.
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=109_cong_bills&docid=f:s1998enr.txt.pdf

Quotation from Army veteran Andy Levy, in a tweet to Blumenthal: “You are an utterly despicable coward who claims the bravery and actions of others as your own. Rot in hell.”

http://twitter.com/andylevy/statuses/14196754171
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Paraguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 11:56:34 AM »
Crusader, thank you for your service and sacrifice in Veitnam!
I guess this guy was using the royal "we" when he used that word!
Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 11:58:23 AM »
And oddly, I agree with eric. The man had nothing to lie about. That he would do so in order to gain the respect owed to others who earned it is inexplicable and an automatic DQ. If it was just him saying "During Vietnam" and slipping once, fine. That doesn't seem to be the case at all. F him.
FQ13

Timothy

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »
FQ13

Not everyone was treated badly after returning home, it was pretty localized to the east and west coasts and large colleges and universities.  Those kids that came home to my midwestern neighborhoods were treated with respect.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:43:29 AM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 01:05:38 PM »
Crusader, thank you for your service and sacrifice in Veitnam!

Big +1 from me too.

I did not know you are a veteran, but I am not surprised. I too would like to thank you for your service. Those words have become hackned and over used as the "political correct" thing to say, but I do mean it. I know that freedom is not free. And I am greatful for all who have given us the freedom that so many take for granted.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 01:24:33 AM »
FQ13

It is not about impressing US FQ, it has to do with his own feelings of inadequacy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk