Author Topic: Anyone have the FNX-9?  (Read 9006 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Anyone have the FNX-9?
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 09:05:03 PM »
Congrats usmcdad, Nov 9th 2008, The day after the BHO election, having never been a 9mm fan, and seeing the result of a terrible election, I went to my local Bass Pro Shop, and bought an FNH 9.

Despite the reasons, I have nothing but to be grateful. It is a fine weapon. It simply works., and actually gets smoother.

No FTF, FTE, NOTHING. With Tula 9mm, Winchester White Box, Magtech, Georgia Arms, regardless......It simply shoots everything.

Accuracy is combat accurate without fail, and you made a great selection.

The trifecta, M+P 40. EAA Witness Ported 40, and the FN9.

The FNX is based on the FNH, and their just keeping a good thing going.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

usmcdadx2

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Anyone have the FNX-9?
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 12:06:58 PM »
TW, nice picture!

Ok so I was able to get to the range over the weekend to try out my new FNX and I have to say it made a very good first impression. Granted we’re only talking 250 rounds thus far but it was a good 250 rounds. I was using Bianchi D1 targets and with the exception of 3 called bad DA shots every round was at least inside the B ring (with most being much better than that) at 10, 15 and 25 yards from both “rested” slow fire and more rapid seated, unsupported fire. I don’t know about the rest of you guys but for me that’s about as good as I get, so the gun worked at least as well as I do.
I used 3 types of ammo; 150 rounds of WWB 115 gr FMJ, 50 rounds of AE 147 gr FMJ and 50 rounds of PMC 115 gr JHP. I fired all of the WWB first and then randomly mixed the others when refilling my mags. I had no issues at all; every round fed, fired, extracted and ejected. most of the casings landed in an area about  4 to 5 feet behind my right shoulder. The sights are very good and easy to acquire. I found the texture of the grip to be excellent for recoil control despite sweaty hands (full sun and the range thermometer read 89). The single action trigger pull was very nice with some, but not too much, “take up”. I found the double action trigger pull to be acceptable but the trigger stroke has a different feel than my revolvers so I found myself pushing shots a bit left and low.
Once I finished on the line I used the clubhouse trigger gauge and found the DA broke at 9.4 lbs and the SA broke at 4 lbs even. I can’t complain about that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk