Author Topic: Obama Picks a Director For the A.T.F.  (Read 2403 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama Picks a Director For the A.T.F.
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 06:10:43 PM »
Between Brady, the Joyce Foundation, and an Ill. native.....

Conclusion

Traver has been the rumored candidate for the Director of ATF from the moment that Obama was elected and now is the nominee in fact. He has been in bed with the anti-gun forces including the Joyce Foundation since the moment he became the Special Agent in Charge of the Chicago Field Division. As seen by the comments above, he is not widely respected by the ATF field who consider him a nice enough guy but marginal when he was in the field and even more marginal as a manager.

Traver makes a nice personal interest story and I'm glad his cancer is in remission. That said, I don't want someone like him in charge of ATF and I sincerely doubt he would clean out the culture of corruption that seems to exist in ATF's management. It is time for the Senate to just say no.

Thanks for the link r w ....

BHO's not done with guns just yet, Schumer, Feinstien, Boxer, and the others, are just waiting for the Executive Orders to flow, bypassing the Congress..

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 911
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 06:28:35 PM »
Pre-November 2008:  We don't want your guns, we are not after your guns, we will leave your guns alone

Post November 2008:  BHO to Clinton and Pelosi - Settle down, it isn't time yet!

Post Election November 2010:  Nominate Anti-Gun candidate to BATF post

Who didn't see this one coming?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 06:59:26 PM »
Between AG Eric Holder, and this new BATFE Dir.........Take advantage of the easing in ammo prices folks, follow Col. Jeff Coopers advice, and keep your stocks up, including primers, and .22's.

"Remember that Jefferson told us that the Second Amendment would not be needed until they tried to abolish it. There are people who have that in mind right now. The personal ownership and usage of firearms is not a common aspect of today's culture worldwide. It is up to Americans - those who know what it means to be an American - to uphold the light of liberty in the face of those both here and elsewhere who would extinguish it. We see the hysterics who feel that the abolition of firearms would bring about major changes in the human psyche, and that crime would disappear. We cannot reason with these people because they are impervious to reason, but we can expose them to ridicule and frustrate their political clout. That is a job not just for the National Rifle Association, but for everyone. If you want to make a resolution for the coming century, resolve to do something in defense of liberty every day, and by liberty, of course, we mean true liberty - the right to keep and bear arms. Without that liberty all other liberties are meaningless."
Col. Jeff Cooper

"I hear that small arms ammunition in South Africa has practically disappeared from the store shelves. Either people are wisely stocking up, or some arm of the government has decided to cut off the supply. In that regard, I advise you to keep your own stocks in good shape. Our enemies may not be able to abrogate the constitution just yet, but there are economic and political means by which they may dry up our ammunition supply."
Jeff Cooper

"I have long preached that one should never be caught short in his personal armament, either in regard to the weapons or the ammunition. Keep up your supply, and do not neglect the 22 rimfire, which may well turn into the "ballistic wampum" I have spoken of the past. If you have any loading equipment, stock primers, which may constitute the weakest link in the chain."
Jeff Cooper

Amen Colonel.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk