Author Topic: Common Sense!  (Read 4674 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Common Sense!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 10:52:41 AM »
Read a report that says Latinos are now over 50% of the students in CA.  What pissed off the (liberal) writer was that 40% of the parents were 'not eligible' to vote (gee, wonder why) and had no 'say' in their child's education.

And CA wonders why they're broke?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/11/13/MNIG1GBD0C.DTL&tsp=1
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 12:12:22 PM »
Mexico has had too much control over California since the 60's!  In the early 70's there was a push to make English (they even used a specific edition of Webster's College Dictionary as the benchmark).  It was the Mexican lobby that stopped it.  They didn't even need the ACLU!

Note that I use the title Mexican.  It was not Latino or Hispanic.  It was straight out Mexicans!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 12:16:04 PM »
We need to anex mexico and make it a state, and while we do this , kill all the drug dealers.Some nice beaches and Beaotches too.  ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 01:46:32 PM »
The breakdown shouldn't be by race unless you are trying to make it seem like the issue is one of race rather than legal residency.

The breakdown should be by if the parent(s)/guardian(s) of the student entered this country legally.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 06:42:28 AM »
In-state tuition for illegal immigrants is preserved with California Supreme Court ruling [Updated]

The California Supreme Court decided unanimously Monday that illegal immigrants may continue to be eligible for in-state tuition rates at the state's colleges and universities rather than pay the higher rates charged to those who live out of state.

In a ruling written by Justice Ming W. Chin, one of the panel's more conservative members, the state high court said a California law that guarantees the lower tuition for students who attend California high schools for at least three years and graduate does not conflict with a federal prohibition on giving illegal immigrants educational benefits based on residency.

California is one of several states that permit illegal immigrants to take advantage of lower college tuition for students who attend high school and graduate in state. About 25,000 illegal immigrants are estimated to receive in-state tuition rates in California.

A group fighting illegal immigration challenged the California law on behalf of U.S. citizens who pay the higher tuition as out-of-state students. The group won in lower court, and the state appealed.
The lawsuit contended the California law usurped a federal prohibition on giving educational benefits based on residency to illegal immigrants but not all U.S. citizens.

College students who are in the country illegally are barred from government financial-aid programs. The U.S. Supreme Court is expected eventually to decide whether the lower tuition rates also violate federal law.

--SNIP--

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/11/undocumented-students.html
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:47:37 AM »

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 11:27:22 AM »
In a ruling written by Justice Ming W. Chin, one of the panel's more conservative members, the state high court said a California law that guarantees the lower tuition for students who attend California high schools for at least three years and graduate does not conflict with a federal prohibition on giving illegal immigrants educational benefits based on residency.

All I can say is.....................................

WTF?!?

Oh yeah.........Granola State. 
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 04:54:51 PM »
Actually, that was rightly decided by a STATE Supreme Court. They upheld the wording of their state Constitution and the autonomy of their legislature over an issue (education) that has historically, with the exception of segregation, been  considered to be a state, not a federal perogative. Its up to the Feds to decide whether federal pre-emption applies. I hope a federal court does just that. I disagree with the result, but the legal reasoning is sound.
FQ13 :-\

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 05:01:01 PM »
Mexico has had too much control over California since the 60's!  In the early 70's there was a push to make English (they even used a specific edition of Webster's College Dictionary as the benchmark).  It was the Mexican lobby that stopped it.  They didn't even need the ACLU!

Note that I use the title Mexican.  It was not Latino or Hispanic.  It was straight out Mexicans!

Anti spanish stuff has been passed by the people several times over the years.  it generally lasts a few years then loses in court.

the reason we have brown is the same reason we have obama.  If the GOP had put up a decent person, they would have won.  McCain and wittmen were basicly the same.  Neither of them had a chance in hell of winning.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk