Author Topic: Constitution don't mean crap  (Read 4413 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Constitution don't mean crap
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 08:12:38 AM »
Most of us old farts have stories about how hard we worked as kids. 

Back in the day, my best pal's dad was a general contractor.  He'd employ us on Saturdays and over vacation days.  Paid us $10-a-day for framing, nailing down sub flooring, pushing loads of cement, stacking lumber, or just about anything else nasty, dusty, hot, or hard that came up.

Those times he didn't have any work were filled with us straightening up his shop, cleaning up the yard, changing oil in the gas-powered equipment, or just messin' about with some of his power tools--and that was all for free.

As a reward for some of the "free" labor, the old man gave us an old Briggs and Stratton engine and access to his welding equipment.  We built us a go-kart.  And the results nearly killed off his work force.

I hadn't thought about this stuff for ages until I started reading this thread.

Man, I miss those days...  (sigh)

Yeah, I hear ya.  For me, since the time I was about 10 I spent my Saturdays, after school hours and summers moving hogs at a hog buying station.  Smelly, dirty, hot work, but the $1.25 an hour they paid was AWESOME!!  And the agent paid me out of his pocket cuz he was trying to keep me out of trouble.

Then in high school I started working at a roller rink......30-35 hours a week during the school year, and 80-90 hours during the summer at the rink at the local resort area.  Still managed to find time for girls, however.  Priorities, I guess.  ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Constitution don't mean crap
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 09:15:53 AM »
That's what happens when folks believe that what they want and need will be the rewards of their hard work and won't be given to them by some government agency that stole it from those who do work.

Welfare not only steals money from those who work, it steals incentive and motivation from those it enslaves with "charity", generation after generation.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk