Author Topic: Dad asked me to go to a gun show today  (Read 3327 times)

cdcasey

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dad asked me to go to a gun show today
« on: October 01, 2011, 08:30:42 PM »
My father called me up last night and asked me if I wanted to go to the gun show with him.  Since I was going anyway I said sure (usually he pays for me to get in).  As we were walking around we came up on some old military rifles.  I was looking/fondling an M1 Carbine and he said isn't that the type your grandfather used in the war.  I said yes and I would love to own one some day.  Next thing I know my dad is asking the guy the best price he can do and the gun is MINE!!!!  Walked out with an Inland M1 Carbine manufactured in 1944 with no import marks (non original barrel), 2 15 round mags and the biggest smile I still cannot get off my face  ;D.  My dad gave me only one condition.  I had to take him and my grandfather out to shoot.  NOT A PROBLEM!!!!  Posting pics at link since I can never figure out how to put them on here (and for the toe fans I took one of those special just for you).  Pics are after I got it home field stripped it and cleaned it. 

http://s819.photobucket.com/albums/zz113/cdcasey01/M1%20Carbine/

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
Re: Dad asked me to go to a gun show today
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:48:52 PM »
Nice

Next gun show I'm inviting your dad.  ;)
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 09:07:43 PM »
Nice toes!

And the gun ain't bad either  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 09:54:12 PM »
Absolutely nice rifle.........the toes, well, not so much.

Here's a couple of your pics for folks:

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 10:14:28 PM »
After getting my Garand, and firing my co-workers Father's M1 Carbine, all I can say is awesome. You own history, and a part of American Heritage to one of the finest carbines in history.

Cherish it and shoot it.  Boy they are sweet to shoot.

Congratulations.

I want one bad....

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:17:30 AM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 03:37:59 AM »
I'm up for adoption! LOL

Enjoy

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 08:57:24 AM »
Hi;

Congrats on getting that carbine. While you 3 are at the range, hopefully you all will talk about the history of the weapon and some of your Grandfathers expierences with it. You have a chance to find some things out that you may not ever would have known. Also, if you can post some pics of the time at the range. My Grandfathers died when my parents were young and my Dad seldom ever mentioned WW2. After he died we came across a small pocket journal of his time in the Army. It filled in some of what he did and where he was at. Actually, some of the things he did now make sence to all 6 of us.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 06:39:57 AM »
Very cool.     Everyone needs to have one.   Wish mine weren't an "import".  I'd almost be willing to replace the barrel to get rid of the importer's stamping.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk