Author Topic: Operation Fast & Furious  (Read 31333 times)

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Operation Fast & Furious
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2011, 03:33:20 PM »
They can't blame civilian gun stores or laws for the RPG's and heavy machine guns.
But they'll sure give it hell trying! >:(
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2011, 05:22:17 PM »
They can't blame civilian gun stores or laws for the RPG's and heavy machine guns.

Oh, but they do!  Yes it's dishonest (I'm shocked, shocked I tell you) but it is fed to the press that way all the time.

Hell, I've known about the grenade story for a few days and I have already read where people (journalists, bloggers, etc) have said "You shouldn't be able to buy grenade parts over the counter".  I'm not sure if the meant an FFL counter or one at Wally World but that is what they said!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2011, 05:42:39 PM »
This ms-information about grenade parts probably started with someone noticing the pin on a grenade looks a lot like a cotter pin you can buy in any hardware store...thus the push more more regulation...sigh
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »
Don't forget, ATF, had a BIG budgetary increase under BHO,...and "stimulus" money paid for the current SNAFU.....so pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.....

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2011, 06:44:05 PM »
Actually you can buy the fuses in smoke grenades, not sure of the regulations, but they are signaling devices, not weapons or explosives. Then there are the "dummy" grenades you can buy mail order as paper weights that are nothing but chunks of steel.

Sponsor

« Reply #145 on: Today at 12:46:36 AM »

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2011, 08:11:28 PM »
Tom, if I remember correctly the fuses for smoke grenades don't have a delay to them, so once you pull the pin and release the spoon it goes BOOM!! not real good for the person throwing it. :o :o
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »
Tom, if I remember correctly the fuses for smoke grenades don't have a delay to them, so once you pull the pin and release the spoon it goes BOOM!! not real good for the person throwing it. :o :o

Hmmm...we should some live grenades with those fuses fall into the wrong  hands....or the right hands, however you want to view them.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2011, 12:53:52 AM »
Hmmm...we should some live grenades with those fuses fall into the wrong  hands....or the right hands, however you want to view them.

The old Soviet grenades came packed with a selection of various fuse times, including a 0 delay for setting booby traps.
The delay was stamped on the fuse body, but you really wanted to lay off the vodka if you were going to be arming them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk