Author Topic: New Springfield XD9 Vs. Ruger SR9  (Read 34911 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Springfield XD9 Vs. Ruger SR9
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 06:11:18 AM »
I've had my SR9 for about 3 weeks now and I have about 300 rounds through it. It has smoothed out considerably and I really like it. I've gotten more accurate with it and the trigger feels better than when it was brand new.

Downside- I don't know if it's because the slide isn't as TALL as some other pistols or what...but it's a little difficult to work the slide, both racking it and working the slide stop. The spring is stiff and to me it's just a little difficult getting a hold of the slide without scraping your fingers on the safety or slide stop.

Downside 2- I definitely have to grip this pistol much tighter. Limp wristing will get you a stovepipe right away. My wife shoots mosly revolvers and gets a stovepipe on every other round with the thing because she won't take a death-grip. That stinks- because of that it's not a reliable home gun for her, but it would be for me.
Overall it's an enjoyable 9mm and with it's size would be a decent carry.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 08:26:54 AM »
I've got three guns on my list right now to look at:
XD9 4in.
S&W M&P 4in
Beretta 92fs.

The Beretta is very different than the other two and even though I love it's asthetics and feel I already have a DA/SA service auto (P89).  I like the M&P better than the XD9, but it's lack of a second safety has me spooked a little because my wife will also shoot it.  I'm really on the fence.  I'm going to look at the Beretta and the XD tonight and see which has the better trigger and feel.
I can get a great deal on the Beretta, but I don't want a safe queen.  I want a carry piece as well.  So with a tear in my eye I will probably pass on the 92.

On an aside,   For Jaybethell:   Where to you shoot in Cape May county?

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2008, 09:26:49 AM »
Jkwas, there is an ad in the latest NRA mag "American Rifleman" showing the new XD with the addition of a thumb safety but it doesn't say if they are available yet.  If safeties are your concern you might ask about the new model (It might be on the .45 only - I'm not sure).
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk