Author Topic: Sig Mosquito  (Read 7343 times)

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sig Mosquito
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 10:49:40 PM »
I would advise against the ISSC as well.  The ones we have sold have been nothing but trouble for their owners. 

Interesting
What issues have you found?
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 12:44:48 AM »
reality, there just is not a good "cheap" choice for a 22 auto out there.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 12:55:43 AM »
Thereis zero reason to buy an ammo sensative .22 Lr unless you are a target shooter.I owned and sold a great older Browning.I have an old Colt Woodsman. I love both. They are, however, both way overpriced. If I were looking for a reasonably priced one, I'd ask if companies like charter or CZ made one. Failing that, for a kid, there are plenty of reasonable .22 revolvers out there. Not the same, but you shouldn't be looking at $350 used to $500 on a .22, particularly one with as many bad reviews as the Sig. FWIW.
FQ13

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 07:06:10 AM »
Hazcat has the "only" one that really works,.... ::) It took a big hammer, rat-tail file, some beating on the bench, even a blow torch, but it does work,..... ;D

I think this mosquito is better.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 07:10:35 AM »
Hazcat has the "only" one that really works,.... ::) It took a big hammer, rat-tail file, some beating on the bench, even a blow torch, but it does work,..... ;D

I think this mosquito is better.

and it's made of plywood!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:30:26 PM »

toad

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 11:51:41 AM »
After all the feedback. I went with the ruger mkIII 22-45. Wanted something that has worked well for years. Thanks.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1149
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 01:42:58 PM »
Excellent choice. I love my Rugers.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 05:30:51 PM »
Good choice.

pioneer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 06:01:49 PM »
I got one of the early Mosquitoes in 2005, a birthday gift from my wife who knew I wanted a .22 pistol.  She chose the Sig based on the company's reputation.  The gun had a lot of problems, no matter what kind of ammo I fed it.  Fail to feed, fail to fire, fail to eject, you name it.  It also did something I've never seen before, or since.  When picking up a round from the magazine, the entire cartridge would be ejected from the ejection port, usually flying in front of the pistol, leaving the chamber empty.   :o

I called Sig who asked me to send it back.  To make a long story short, they replaced the gun.  I was still having problems, just not as many.  The Sig really, really likes CCI Mini Mag ammo, but I was still having problems with feeding and ejecting.  I called SigArms again.  I learned that the Mosquito needs to be heavily lubed.  Not just a light coat of oil, but really hosed down.  There is also a very small hole drilled into the slide which is for lubricating the extractor.  Once I learned that, I oiled it up and went to the range.  It worked very well, but began to choke at about 100 rounds.  Because of all the oil, it gets real dirty, real fast and needs to be cleaned often. 

When it is clean, with the proper recoil spring and front sight post, the Mosquito is a delight to shoot.  It is very accurate  and much cheaper to shoot than any of my center fire pistols.  Not a house gun or SD gun by any means, but I will be hanging on to it for casual target shooting.

Life Member NRA / SAF Member
Naval Aviation 1965-1969
Retired Police Detective '71-'01
HR-218 Certified

United States Constitution (c) 1791
         All Rights Reserved.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 10:32:57 AM »
I got a gift certificate at a sporting clays event and ended up with another Mosquito.  This one works flawlessly.

Go figure.  They must have fixed it.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk