Author Topic: Kahr K9 Elite vs new compact 9's  (Read 9380 times)

NoBite

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kahr K9 Elite vs new compact 9's
« on: January 31, 2012, 01:00:10 PM »
For years I have coveted the Kahr K9 Elite. I have never owned one. For those that have, I look forward to your opinion on how this classic stacks up to the newer compact 9's. Your thoughts, please.
Live every day like it's your last; 'cause one day you're gonna be right.
- Ray Charles

NoBite

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Kahr K9 Elite vs new compact 9's
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:03:04 AM »
Ok, then.  Let me go at this from another direction.

What other single stack 9's would you rank as comparable to the Kahr K9? Please consider trigger pull, ergonomics, and value for price. Bonus points for not having ambidextrous manual safeties. I would like to further stipulate size: comparable in size to the K or P series Kahrs, not smaller.

TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
- Ray Charles

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:25:22 AM »
I haven't seen or shot the Kahr so I can't say.
I suspect that's the reason you haven't gotten any other replies.

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:08:48 AM »
I've lived within 20-60 minutes from Kahr's facility for the last thirty years and have yet to see a single one in a gun shop!  I suspect Bass Pro has some and maybe Cabelas.

I find they're a bit pricey for my tastes.  Maybe that's the problem...

Good Luck!

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 05:36:45 PM »
I have shot the Kel-Tec, PF-9, compact, single stack, very slim.....I know Kahr and KT are different in many respects, however, it was, based on your criteria, a very comfortable shooter. Trigger pull is long by design, but does break and reset very quickly. Grip angle and slim design make it easy to carry, grip and get on target. It's lighter than the Kahr, and I can't recall if it is +P rated.

Price is certainly less than the Kahr, IMHO, I've always liked Kahr, but have watched there prices "adjust" lower to attract more sales.

Don't have any other info, maybe an LC9 owner can chime in, but it maybe a bit smaller than the Elite.

FWIW, although it is double stack, my ol' S&W 6909 keeps on runnin'....

Kahr makes good stuff. Hope you let us know how it turns out.

tw

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:05:30 AM »

NoBite

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 05:09:01 AM »
Thanks, guys. I don't know why I have such a jones for a Kahr, but I do. Finding a K9 in a store has been impossible so far. I have handled a bunch of the newer slim 9's and the Kahr just feels right to me. The answer here is I'm just going to have to buy one and marry up to it for awhile to know! It's really not possible to figure these things out on the interweb anyway. But, was curious.
- Ray Charles

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 06:35:50 AM »
Coincidentally, I was assisting at Rangemaster duties the other night and one of the regular guys had a K9. I was looking at it and let me shoot it. We both found the trigger pull disturbing. I don't know if it was just HIS K9 or all of them, but it seemed like the trigger pull was SO long that you were contorting your hand in some way by the time it finally went "bang".

The gun seemed really nice and I liked everything about it except the trigger pull. But that was a deal breaker for me.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 12:52:18 PM »
I've got a question, Joe.

Where do you find women who will spend time on the phone with firearms manufactures to get the straight poop on their products?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 10:57:19 PM »

My wife. Who supports me everyday. I am very lucky to have her. But I think she got tired listening to 3 years of me complaining of losing my old K9. When you spend a lot of money on something. You want to ask a lot of questions so you dont make a mistake. Besides. She is also a gun enthusiast.

Joe

Oh NO, Not Flashman !    :o

Certainly not Harry Paget Flashman I hope !
                     ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk