Author Topic: Empty hand skills  (Read 6418 times)

115MRL

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Empty hand skills
« on: May 15, 2012, 09:54:06 PM »
On the best defense you always talking about the use of empty hand skills you never tell us what kind of empty hand skills we should have or where we should go to find training for these things. Where would I find the right type of empty hand skills? Do I look in the Yellow Pages and under what topic? I am very interested thanks for your help.

Michael Janich

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Empty hand skills
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 11:36:59 AM »
On the best defense you always talking about the use of empty hand skills you never tell us what kind of empty hand skills we should have or where we should go to find training for these things. Where would I find the right type of empty hand skills? Do I look in the Yellow Pages and under what topic? I am very interested thanks for your help.

If you like the empty-hand instruction I've shared on The Best Defense and want to learn more, I have produced a series of instructional DVDs that cover it step by step and in much greater detail than the TBD format allows. They are called the Practical Unarmed Combatives series (Volumes 1-3, so far) and are available from Stay Safe Media (www.staysafemedia.com). Stay Safe, which is the official source of my instructional materials, also sells my DVDs that address my system of defensive knife use (Martial Blade Concepts), my approach to cane defense (Martial Cane Concepts), and my approach to improvised weapons (Forever Armed). Other titles sold by Stay Safe featured selected materials from other trainers, like Kelly McCann, whom I've personally trained with and hold in high regard. I personally shot, edited, and produced most of those videos when I ran the video department for Paladin Press.

If you're curious about the content of a specific video from Stay Safe, click on the “Inside Story” link and read more about the background of the video and its content. I wrote all those to help people make an educated decision before they buy.

There are many different martial arts and systems of self-defense. Some are good; many are misguided B.S. There are also good systems being taught by poorly qualified instructors. The only way to cut through all that is to use your head and think for yourself. See what's available in your area, talk to the instructor and his students, and watch several classes to see if what's being taught is really practical for your self-defense needs. Don't get sucked into the cultural aspects of the art at the expense of your goals of learning practical self-defense. Think for yourself, define your own goals and limitations, and know when to call B.S.

If you like my approach, as shared on TBD and through my DVDs, I also teach seminars all over the country and overseas. My schedule is available on my web site www.martialbladeconcepts.com.

I hope this helps.

Stay safe,

Mike

Strider

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
I have to agree with Mr. Janich. His system is very much reality based, working with efficient body mechanics, realistic movements and techniques. I have been using a system for many years called the "Spear" system from Blauer Tactical Systems. It is based on purely empty hand techniques. The factis that any school that is not just a belt factory will help. Give Sir Micheal a call. You could not get a better experience.
Semper Fi

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 09:11:08 AM »
I have to agree with Mr. Janich. His system is very much reality based, working with efficient body mechanics, realistic movements and techniques. I have been using a system for many years called the "Spear" system from Blauer Tactical Systems. It is based on purely empty hand techniques. The factis that any school that is not just a belt factory will help. Give Sir Micheal a call. You could not get a better experience.

I have my Green belt in TKD from a guy that became a good friend who taught at a church.  Our belt tests were an all day event and made this big boy WORK!

My favorite part was the empty hands Self defense against a knife/hand gun and sparring.  Control goes a long way in both, especially when your working with people half (literally) your size.
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk