Author Topic: 2nd Amendment defender Bloomberg?  (Read 2894 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1079
2nd Amendment defender Bloomberg?
« on: December 22, 2012, 12:36:53 PM »
This just in form (with apologies to FQ for using his tag line) "You gotta be sh!tting me, Pyle" files:

Bloomberg: No One Has ‘Defended the Second Amendment as Much as I Have’

Mayor Michael Bloomberg may have risen to become the country’s chief critic of lax firearm laws, but on his weekly radio show, he argued that has nothing to do with the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Indeed, Mr. Bloomberg claimed to be the strongest defender of the Second Amendment around.

“I don’t think there’s anybody that’s defended the Second Amendment as much as I have, Ray,” Mr. Bloomberg said to a caller who asked him why he was “so against” the constitutional passage . “I think you have a perfect right to buy weapons and keep them for protection or for sport. We have tried to make sure that you have it. The Supreme Court says that there are–consistent with the Second Amendment–you can have reasonable restrictions, so, for example, you can’t buy a nuclear-tipped weapon.”

The mayor also offered some possible interpretations of the Second Amendment that differ from those espoused by gun rights advocates.

“I don’t think anyone should try to tamper with the Second Amendment,” Mr. Bloomberg explained. “There is a question as to what [in] the Second Amendment was written. You can read it to say they only talked about militias, or you can read it to say they wanted guns in your pocket. I don’t know, that’s up to you.”

http://politicker.com/2012/12/bloomberg-no-one-has-defended-the-second-amendment-as-much-as-i-have/

Very seldom am I at a loss for words.   :-X
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: 2nd Amendment defender Bloomberg?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »
“I think you have a perfect right to buy weapons and keep them for protection or for sport. We have tried to make sure that you have it."

So THATS what those restrictions are for!
Silly me. This whole time I thought they restricted me from being armed in NYC.

When I think of 2nd supporters, Bloomy is right at the top of my list. Then Feinstein, Schumer, Lautenberg... ::) ::)
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 03:12:51 PM »
“I think you have a perfect right to buy weapons and keep them for protection or for sport. We have tried to make sure that you have it."

So THATS what those restrictions are for!
Silly me. This whole time I thought they restricted me from being armed in NYC.

When I think of 2nd supporters, Bloomy is right at the top of my list. Then Feinstein, Schumer, Lautenberg... ::) ::)

Yeah...good for them...but not for us.   >:(

http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php?aid=10104
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 05:02:29 PM »
What he is saying is the 2A should be left in place, it should just be twisted  to mean what the elite want it to mean.

BAC

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 11:20:29 PM »
"No one has defended the Jewish people as much as I have."

-A. Hitler

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:30:36 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 08:18:18 AM »

Seeing those 4 words together makes my head hurt .

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 02:39:01 PM »

Seeing those 4 words together makes my head hurt .

Apparently, Bloomy's hypocrisy knows no bounds.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 03:36:16 PM »
According to Bed Bug Bloomberg, ANY rapid firing weapon, and all "AR/AK's" are full auto.

Listen to this arrogant elitist scrooge.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/foghorn/video-michael-bloomberg-believes-that-all-ar-15s-are-full-auto/

2nd Amendment Defender?

Really? Have I had too much Nog already? :P

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk