Author Topic: LA Times Poll - and a conservative's call for AWB  (Read 1898 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
LA Times Poll - and a conservative's call for AWB
« on: December 21, 2012, 07:55:34 AM »
There is an article in the LA Times on why a conservative wants an AW and HCM ban.   And the way he says it probably any revolver that holds more than 6 shots, possibly moon clips and speed loaders.

While he hits on a few constitutional issues, he then ignores their implications.  What's unfortunate is how well he writes and his creds.  Many gun banners will be waving this article in our faces over the next couple of months.

Right now the poll is running close to 50/50 for an AWB.   I know it won't make a whole lot of difference, but I hate to see anti's win in any opinion poll.   Would you vote and spread the link around?

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-burns-assault-weapons-ban-20121220,0,6774314.story
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LA Times Poll - and a conservative's call for AWB
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 08:54:15 AM »
FTA:
Ban the manufacture, importation, sale, transfer and possession of both assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Don't let people who already have them keep them. Don't let ones that have already been manufactured stay on the market.

Seems a little too convenient for Feinstein that this wording mimics her soon-to-be-introduced bill almost word for word.  As for all of that drivel about liking the NRA, guns, FOX News, etc. - might be true but I suspect it's a bunch of crap.  How many times have we seen politicians try to deceive us by holding a shotgun and then reading from a script that says, "Oh, I remember hunting..."?  How many times have we witnessed paid protesters bused in to create a false image of support?  How many times have we listened to missives that claim to support the 2A but then go on to build a case for "reasonable" restrictions?

I view the article as nothing more than the musings of a charlatan.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1079
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »
46% YES - 54% NO.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 08:17:48 AM »
Who do these people think will end up with the hundred of thousands currently held in private hands?  Do they think any gun owners will out of the goodness of their heart hand over their thousands of dollars invested in firearms to the government?  The streets and criminals will be awash in firearms.

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 09:21:50 AM »
43% Yes 57% No. Its headed in the right direction.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:20:18 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk