Author Topic: Thumbs up to CTD  (Read 1488 times)

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thumbs up to CTD
« on: December 28, 2012, 09:57:08 AM »
 ;D

I show my order finally left on the 19th for a can of Lake City 5.56 M196.  Haven't got it yet but do have a tracking #.  Was $299.00 for 840 round can which I thought was high considering the last batch I bought.  What I heard about vendors and ammo at a gun show nearby, they could have sold it for triple that amount.  The place where I buy some of my reloading supplies said the show was swamped.  Some vendors stashed back most of their supply of ammo from the opening day of Saturday and sold it on Sunday for double or triple ($980.00 per thousand for the steel tip penetrators).  Gives me even more reason to reload rifle ammo now.  I have a couple hundred steel tips left but only shot them in a big dirt bank behind my house and won't be buying any more at that price.  I could only use them on paper as they are to traumatic to my steel targets.  I really don't like the tracers either as I can only shoot them after it rains.  Have to stomp out to many fires.

BBJohnnyT

• NRA Endowment Member
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Thumbs up to CTD
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »
Glad you have that order on the way.  Yesterday, I saw CTD selling a 1,000 round case of green tips for $999.  That's a buck a round.  Given their response and profiteering on other items, I'll never buy anything from these jerks ever again.
"If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns." - Edward Abbey

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Thumbs up to CTD
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 04:12:32 PM »
Glad you have that order on the way.  Yesterday, I saw CTD selling a 1,000 round case of green tips for $999.  That's a buck a round.  Given their response and profiteering on other items, I'll never buy anything from these jerks ever again.

+1

Although if the market will still buy them out, they could have raised it MORE.  It was their wishy washy online gun sales statement that bugged me the most.  First for the way they said it, and second because they probably didn't have any gun left to sell when they said it. 
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk