Author Topic: Early Morning Attack & Law Enforcement Advice  (Read 3039 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
Early Morning Attack & Law Enforcement Advice
« on: January 28, 2013, 03:57:28 PM »
http://mankatofreepress.com/local/x2056596702/Two-victims-report-early-morning-robbery

January 27, 2013
Two victims report early morning robbery
Suspects allegedly used a short-barreled shotgun

The Free Press

MANKATO — Two men walking home at 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning reported they were robbed at gunpoint by two other males.

The victims told police they were in the area of Birchwood Street and Dillon and Floral avenues when two males asked to use a cell phone. After providing the strangers with a cell phone to use, one of the suspects allegedly displayed what appeared to be a short-barreled shotgun, the victims reported.

The suspects left in a dark car, which possibly had four doors, after taking the victims' wallets and cell phones, a Mankato Department of Public Safety report said. No one was injured.

The two suspects were described as being black, younger, clean shaven with thin builds. One was wearing a dark blue "puffy" style winter coat with a hood. The other was wearing a tan or white zippered sweatshirt with a hood. One of the suspects was about 5'5" and the other was about 5'11". Both were wearing blue jeans.

Anyone with information is being asked to call public safety at 507-387-8780.

My wife is a grad student at MSU-Mankato where this took place.  I received my Associates Degree there prior to transferring to Minneapolis for specialized courses.  This city is a goofy place of strange demographics and the mix of rural vs. urban.

In an email from the school that was this article with sentences in between the article students are advised to go in pairs and to be observant so they can be good witnesses.

Nowhere did it say that allowing strangers to get close to you is a bad idea or that lending them your cellphone is not a good thing.  And absolutely nowhere did it talk about the advantages of self defense or maybe shooting the assholes  >:(
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Early Morning Attack & Law Enforcement Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 06:51:23 PM »
Call 911...Oh yea, bad guy has your cell phone!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk