Author Topic: Another New NRA Ad Video  (Read 2767 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
Another New NRA Ad Video
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:52:25 PM »
Follow-up video by the NRA to the one posted last week:

NEW NRA AD TARGETS OBAMA, CLINTON GUN COMMENTS WITH FIERY CIVICS REMINDER: ‘THEY DON’T RULE US. THEY DON’T GIVE US RIGHTS’

The National Rifle Association (NRA) is continuing its push-back against recent gun control proposals. In a new ad called “We are America,” the organization takes aim at controversial comments made by President Barack Obama and former President Bill Clinton. Using quotes from both politicians, the organization’s new video lambastes perceived assaults on the Second Amendment.

After sharing quotes from Clinton and Obama that seemingly denigrate gun owners, the NRA ad goes on to make some bold proclamations, calling the aforementioned comments arrogant and encouraging Americans to stand up and defend their right to bear arms. Additionally, the voice-over delivers a fiery “reminder” to the nation’s leaders.

------------------------

“The arrogance of their superiority requires this reminder: They don’t rule us. They don’t give us rights. We grant them power. They don’t make us safe,” the ad proclaims. “We pay to protect them. They don’t make us free. We’re free already. And as long as we have the Second Amendment, we always will be.”

------------------------

And here’s a transcript of the voice-over in its entirety:

In a recent closed-door speech to donors, politicians and media, Bill Clinton spoke about American gun owners: “A lot of these people … all they’ve got is their hunting and their fishing.” “Or they’ve been listening to this stuff for so long that they believe it all.” And we all remember Barack Obama’s 2008 comments to a room of San Francisco elites: “It’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion.” The arrogance of their superiority requires this reminder: They don’t rule us. They don’t give us rights. We grant them power. They don’t make us safe. We pay to protect them. They don’t make us free. We’re free already. And as long as we have the Second Amendment, we always will be. We are America and our politicians are only as powerful as we, the people allow them to be.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/20/new-nra-ad-attacks-obama-clinton-for-comments-about-gun-owners-they-dont-rule-us-they-dont-give-us-rights/

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Another New NRA Ad Video
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:44:23 PM »
That SCAR looks nice, doesn't it?
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:53:01 PM »
This one will soon be posted on an opinion site where it can make grabbers heads explode.  ;D

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 12:43:56 AM »
This one will soon be posted on an opinion site where it can make grabbers heads explode.  ;D
Pull the pin, Tom.. Make sure to take pictures!!
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 09:25:42 AM »
If I can draw fire I'll post some of the comments .  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:19:38 AM »

BBJohnnyT

• NRA Endowment Member
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:55:46 AM »
We are America and our politicians are only as powerful as we, the people allow them to be.

Unfortunately, The People have allowed them to be much more powerful than they ought to because they have grown lazy, stupid and self centered.  And I only see it getting worse.  The 2012 election was a defining milestone moment for America where we, as a majority, would rather ignore the record of a failed and corrupt Administration in order to get free food stamps, phones, condoms and second rate health care.  For this, America is very unlikely to turn back and freedom is doomed, just as just as Alexis de Tocqueville predicted 180 years ago...

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

IMO, there is no other option but to prepare for surviving in Obama's "transformed" America.
"If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns." - Edward Abbey

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 08:19:08 PM »
Pull the pin, Tom.. Make sure to take pictures!!
Plus one! As the late great Dr. H.S. Thompson said, "There's nothing more fun than throwing a brick through a plate glass window of a fancy restaurant and watching the yuppies scurry like rats". Ahh...good times. Have fun brother. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk