Author Topic: Will The Gun Control Fillibuster Work ?  (Read 3163 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Will The Gun Control Fillibuster Work ?
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 04:00:46 PM »
I just sent 4 emails to my senators, 2 in each state!!!!!  ;D    8)

As a former denizen of Chicago, I figure I can do that get away with it. Two in ND, 2 in KY, where I now have residence and a phone number!

To 3 of them, I urged them yet again to vote against Biden. Bloomberg, Schumer, et al. and support Rand Paul's filibuster. Two are Republican's - Hoeven and McConnell, although both are damn near RINO's. Heitkamp is D-ND, but has been solid on guns so far. Bloomberg did target her as part of his $12 million influence buying ad campaign, so she may yet cave, especially if Schumer et al. start sweet-talking her like Schumer did Gilliland.

The 4th was to Rand Paul (R-KY), encouraging him in his filibuster.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 04:24:24 PM »
I've contacted mine twice. Two atta boys to Rubio and two to Nelson. But he's old and unlikely to run again so I doubt he gives a damn. Path, I wouldn't give up on your D Senator. Bloomberg can do what he wants, but she still has get reelected in NO Dak. I can't imagine an anti-gun vote will be all that popular up there.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 05:09:21 PM »
NO!
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk