Author Topic: Is DHS starting Gun Reg. Database in Missouri?  (Read 2098 times)

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Is DHS starting Gun Reg. Database in Missouri?
« on: March 12, 2013, 11:33:05 PM »
Very interesting, scary and most likely illegal what DHS/Feds & an unknown company are trying to do in Missouri. I tried to post the video link but it won't post - probably DHS blocking me. Click the bold link at the bottom, hopefully it'll get you to the article with the video.

Missouri Lt. Gov says Homeland Security
trying to grab STATE citizen data
Article Source, March 11, 2013
Wow, this sounds rather alarming, so much so that the Missouri Lt. Gov. is holding a press conference to explain to the public what they know and letting people know they are suing to keep the feds from grabbing this data.

Here's the lowdown from The Dana Show:

Department of Revenue is working with the Department of Homeland Security to install new hard and software to obtain data on Missouri citizens and transfer this information to DHS and unnamed third parties, says Kinder. Kinder and the Stoddard County Prosecutor today took legal action and held a press conference outlining the infringement on civil liberties as posted by the DoR and DHS. The move by the departments is related to the Real ID.

Griffin went to renew his driver's license and was disturbed by how, and with whom, his information was being shared. Kinder and other lawmakers say that the move violates several Missouri state statutes. Because license offices process CCW endorsements, some claim that this is de facto gun registration.

The above bolded portion underscores a major concern that this federal grabbing of state data would include CCW licenses and could be used to create a universal gun registration database without getting approval of Congress. It would once again be Obama using the executive to illegally go around Congress. Imagine that.

The Dana Show interviewed Missouri Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder before the press conference. Listen below:

Yours in Freedom, The Liberty Crew at JPFO
Protecting you by creating solutions to destroy "gun control"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser - http://jpfo.org/alerts2013/alert20130312.htm.

Get your JPFO bumper stickers -- these are nominal size 3¾ x 7 ½.
The latest one is the Nazi Gun Control sticker, the other is stating
"Gun Control" is NOT Kosher. Click on a thumbnail to visit the JPFO Store.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Is DHS starting Gun Reg. Database in Missouri?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:24:00 AM »
Well, the whole 'Real ID' thing makes me very queasy.  Unless Missouri's Dept of Revenue keeps a list of each CCW's gun inventory, however, I don't see how this could be a gun registry.  Data concerning the CCWs themselves may already be available via FOIA or by court order.  Knowing who has a CCW is not the same as knowing what guns they have.

Missouri DoR and DHS should not be doing this... but I think it is too soon to call it a gun registry.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 01:24:41 PM »
Not a gun registry, a gun OWNER registry.
If they pick YOU up it doesn't matter what you've got stashed away.

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 03:46:30 PM »
+1
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

oldkat69

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 09:28:36 AM »
Just called Prosecuting Attorney Mark Richardson 573-690-9180 about calling grand jury to investigate DOR & SHP. He said I was the first call for that but clearly many people were hot. He said he is looking for the exact penalty clause. A very quick review makes it look like an ungraded misdemeanor which carries one year. It looks like the the Directors owe us about a 180,000 years in the county. >:(
I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:46:28 AM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 05:50:51 PM »
They already have, the list of firearms owners was released TWICE... to the Feds.

If they get the "wording" right in the Manchin/Toomey/Schumer sell out bill, and it survives the House, it will bypass the HIPPA medical privacy laws, and if you are a CCW holder and ever talked to a shrink or took Prozac or Zoloft, expect a knock at your door.

OBTW, even if you don't take any RX's,...if you see your dog hit by a car and need to "talk" to a psychoanalyst, they can deem you "a danger",....and expect a knock at your door.....

Make no mistake about it,.....we are teflon on ice downhill on the slippery slope.

The "Show Me State" certainly came thorugh. >:(
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk