Author Topic: 16 Senators who Voted for Gun Control  (Read 7850 times)

tombogan03884

Re: 16 Senators who Voted for Gun Control
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 08:02:44 PM »
Just sent this to my congress cretin , Shea - Porter DNH
ssue: GUN

Message Subject: Save your job
Message Text:
Remember Dick Swett ? Vote NO on gun control or no one will remember you either.

Would you like a response? Y

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 08:39:41 PM »
When any of the Senators say that the issue deserves floor discussion, ask them when they will be bringing up the re-legalization of slavery, disallowing women the vote and repealing the 1st Amendment up for a floor discussion.

When they answer that that would be totally unconstitutional, unAmerican and wrong, tell them they are starting to understand the problem you have with their vote.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 08:46:09 PM »
When someone talks about low vote count and disparages the party that did not draw vote, I like to mention that in 1936 or somewhere near then, 96% of the Germans voted to give Hitler unlimited power. 

That big vote count did not make them right. 

And only 4% vote count for the opposition surely did not make them wrong.

It  made them the only ones who could see what was happening and vote otherwise.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 09:02:52 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enabling_Act_of_1933

It was the Reichstag, not the German people who gave Hitler that power in 1933.

the final vote was 444 supporting the Enabling Act to 94 (all Social Democrats) opposed. The Reichstag had adopted the Enabling Act with 83% of the deputies; even if all SPD deputies had been present, it would have still passed with 78.7% support. After the Reichsrat had also given its approval, the Act was signed into law.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk