Author Topic: what did santa bring you???  (Read 5479 times)

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Life Member of the NRA

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: what did santa bring you???
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »
you too?  I have been coughing up all kinds of green and yellow junk.   still not made it to the class 3 dealer.   
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

lhprop1

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 09:18:11 AM »
I hawked up a greenie yesterday that probably could have walked away had I not immediately washed it down the shower drain.

Santa Me picked up a Vortex Strikefire red dot on Sunday.  Between gift cards and returns to the sacred store of testosterone and last stronghold of manliness known as Mills Fleet Farm, I had $175 in store credit to pick something out.

Now I just have to figure out how to get it sighted in.  I've never used a scope of any kind before, so this should be interesting.   
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

"We Americans have been a rebellious band of freedom loving vagabonds from the very beginning. Our freedom from the crown and tyranny would not exist had it not been for the gun. That's a tradition we like to hold on to.  The same can't be said for the rest of you 'Subjects of the Queen'."--said to a Canadian friend who just doesn't get it.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1079
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 04:15:24 PM »

Now I just have to figure out how to get it sighted in.  I've never used a scope of any kind before, so this should be interesting.

Ask that in another thread and you will get over a mile of answers.  ;D

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?catalogId=10051&mode=article&objectID=28486&storeId=10151

http://www.chuckhawks.com/sight-in_rifle.htm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 05:21:49 PM »
the easy way is to shot a group, but the rifle back on point of aim and move the cross hairs to the centrer of the group.   a vice makes this easy, another person works too.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:20:33 PM »

lhprop1

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2014, 01:10:35 AM »
Ask that in another thread and you will get over a mile of answers.  ;D

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?catalogId=10051&mode=article&objectID=28486&storeId=10151

http://www.chuckhawks.com/sight-in_rifle.htm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks much.  I don't think anyone makes things more simple than Larry Potterfield.  I wish I had half of the firearms knowledge that he had in his little finger.
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

"We Americans have been a rebellious band of freedom loving vagabonds from the very beginning. Our freedom from the crown and tyranny would not exist had it not been for the gun. That's a tradition we like to hold on to.  The same can't be said for the rest of you 'Subjects of the Queen'."--said to a Canadian friend who just doesn't get it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk