Author Topic: Sharpton's Town Hall = Backfire  (Read 2611 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
Sharpton's Town Hall = Backfire
« on: December 30, 2013, 04:35:14 PM »
Heh....

AL SHARPTON'S CHICAGO TOWN HALL ERUPTS INTO REVOLT AGAINST MACHINE POLITICS

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/21/Al-Sharpton-s-Chicago-Town-Hall-Erupts-into-Revolt-against-Machine-Politics

On Thursday, a town hall meeting hosted by Al Sharpton and the National Action Network to address gun violence exploded into a revolt against “Chicago Machine” politics, Mayor Rahm Emanuel, and the aldermen in City Hall, with panel and audience members calling to vote out their elected officials.

-------------

While the stated goal for Sharpton was to bring the many different groups together to discuss solutions to the city’s violence epidemic, he may not have gotten the types of responses he was looking for. Calls for more gun control laws and getting guns off the streets were nonexistent and not mentioned by residents throughout the session.

--------------

Instead, attendees offered solutions addressing the problems facing their community as a whole rather than just taking on “gun violence” itself. Audience members addressed the need for jobs and solving the foreclosure crisis plaguing Chicago’s south and west sides. Perhaps the loudest message—and one that Reverend Al or the Chicago media have yet to report on—echoed by several different people in attendance as well as panel members was that it is time for the black community to start voting differently.

“The manner in which we have been voting needs to change,” Wendy Pearson, an activist against Chicago school closings, told the room. “I’m here to say to you that we have been trained to vote in a specific manner… we need to start looking at the manner in which our elected officials have been voting… if they have not voted in a manner that is beneficial to you, yours, and your community, then you need to start voting them out.”

---------------

McKinley told the room, “Stop blaming just anybody for the violence in the city of Chicago. Blame the right people, not just white people, but the right people. Because it’s not just white folks a part of this, but it is on the fifth floor. The fifth floor took your schools, the fifth floor just took your jobs that he said that he gave to the ex-offender… and every single alderman was a part of this criminal process.”

---------------

McKinley called on President Obama to help the grassroots by discontinuing aid and government grants that go through Chicago’s political machine to “name-brand-blue-ribbon-negro-organizations” such as the NAACP and Urban League. McKinley told Breitbart News those groups “are poverty pimps, and are part of the problem and not the solution.”

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sharpton's Town Hall = Backfire
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:25:10 PM »
It is about time people woke up.
Life Member of the NRA

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 05:52:36 PM »
nothing to see here folks, move along.  If they spent 10% of the time they do blaming whity on actually getting their hands dirty and doing something, chicago would be a place people might actually want to live in.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 07:01:53 PM »
Hi;

can't we all just get along ? ;D

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »
McKinley called on President Obama to help the grassroots by discontinuing aid and government grants that go through Chicago’s political machine to “name-brand-blue-ribbon-negro-organizations” such as the NAACP and Urban League. McKinley told Breitbart News those groups “are poverty pimps, and are part of the problem and not the solution.”

Could it be that Chicago residents are finally waking up and realizing that Sharpton, Jesse, Obummer & the "Dems" have done nothing except "keeping the man down"? I liked the part where the guy asks how many in the room voted for Rahm, then says how dumb can we be!
Guess they don't want to end up like Detroit.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:14:47 PM »

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 10:17:54 PM »
Guess they don't want to end up like Detroit.

Too late!!
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 06:42:13 AM »
Hi;

can't we all just get along ? ;D

Maybe.
But I'm not betting that way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk