Author Topic: Hillary Clinton - Now Open To Be Considered Barack Obama's VP  (Read 8788 times)

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hillary Clinton - Now Open To Be Considered Barack Obama's VP
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 02:04:48 PM »
Beer- definately Guiness or Red Stripe (HOORAY BEER!!)  I'll try just about anything once (maple beer-YUCK :-\)  The wife like Diet Bud but I can't stand it.  Gonna need some tonight :D

As for Obama-Clinton-  We've been kicking it around here at work and came to the conclusion that McCain is finished if they team up unless he can get a REALLY strong VP.  Problem is he hasn't been seen with anybody that is a possibility, a bad sign.   

The Clinton 2012 run is a very real possbility.  If she runs as Obama's VP and looses she's done.  If they win she can't run again until 2016 and by that time the American people will hopefully have woke up to the crap and again, she's done.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 02:44:17 PM »
Hey Jay, remember over at Harvey's they used to have  PBR's and Tuborg gold on tap!

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 07:12:41 PM »
I seriously don't think that it is in Obama's best interest to make her his VP, and I am starting to think that it might actually help the GOP if she is on the ticket. I think all those people who are mad at McCain and that are going to stay home would actually go to the polls just to vote against her. There are also a great number of sound bites out there of her simply trashing him during the primary..... ones that would make for great GOP ads in the general election. It would really be a lot of fun to see him try to refute the claims his VP made only months earlier about him being an empty suit.

Other then the "dream ticket" slogan that would be associated with the campaign, I really don't see how it would be very beneficial to Obama to have her as the VP. She won't really help him win the moderate vote. All she is good for is the votes of the Left, and he will win those without her. He needs someone more moderate who would make his look less liberal.   
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 07:50:31 PM »
The problem is that a lot of Dems that wouldn't vote for Obama becuase they wanted Clinton would vote for both and the total numbers aren't in McCain's favor.  To many people will vote Dem just because, just like 2006.  Yes she will be more for the far left and not the moderates but I think a lot of the moderates will go that way just because of McCain if she runs as VP.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 09:29:02 PM »
The problem is that a lot of Dems that wouldn't vote for Obama becuase they wanted Clinton would vote for both and the total numbers aren't in McCain's favor.  To many people will vote Dem just because, just like 2006.  Yes she will be more for the far left and not the moderates but I think a lot of the moderates will go that way just because of McCain if she runs as VP.

I personally dont think that is the case. I think those devout followers of Clinton are too far left not to vote for Obama. Yes they said they would vote for McCain if she was not the nominee, but I think that is more just temper tantrum then it is reality.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 01:50:36 AM »
I personally dont think that is the case. I think those devout followers of Clinton are too far left not to vote for Obama. Yes they said they would vote for McCain if she was not the nominee, but I think that is more just temper tantrum then it is reality.

Kind of like some of us and McCain ? We say we will vote Barr or Paul because McCain stinks right up till we are in the booth with ballot and pencil, then ???  ??

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 05:53:07 AM »
Take a good look at the results of the primaries. Obambi alone pulled in more votes than McCain. Even in South Dakota, Clinton got 54,014, Obama 43,574. McCain only got 42,657. You don't win national elections coming in third. And it's not just that he was already the winner - NH, the first primary, told the same story - McCain was third, but at least ahead of Edwards. If you add up the top 3 candidates on both sides in NH - the ones who got delegates - the Dumbo-rats beat the Pubbies 2 to 1.

Pubbies stayed home in droves this year.

My opinion on topic - Obama will absolutely not accept her as VP, she is not to be trusted. I do believe she would find a way to get him whacked. Imagine this though, she is a lawyer, and which court does the Pres get to appoint to? That may be her price. Scary.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Ron J

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2008, 08:50:48 AM »
Pathfinder:
Take a good look at the results of the primaries. Obambi alone pulled in more votes than McCain. Even in South Dakota, Clinton got 54,014, Obama 43,574. McCain only got 42,657. You don't win national elections coming in third. And it's not just that he was already the winner - NH, the first primary, told the same story - McCain was third, but at least ahead of Edwards. If you add up the top 3 candidates on both sides in NH - the ones who got delegates - the Dumbo-rats beat the Pubbies 2 to 1.

Lot of Republicans stayed home since McCain had already won there was no need to go out and vote.  As well, some of them did go out and vote for Hillary. 

B-Ho has captured a strong share of new voter.  He's got the press and a huge money generating liberal left backing him.  Republican party has some issues too.  Big piece will be who wins the electoral college vote and it's stilll ... albeit early ... pretty close. 

jj

• I Cast Lead
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 09:09:56 AM »
Glen Beck had the Alaskan governer on his show and she said No to being the VP.  :'(
I forgot to compensate for the natural rotation of the earth.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk