Author Topic: Waiting for Kahr 380  (Read 3126 times)

notsobigal

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Waiting for Kahr 380
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:08:12 PM »
Does anyone know when the kahr 380 will be available. I was thinking about an LCP but am going to wait for the kahr. Only .75" wide, 10 oz and appears to be designed like the other Kahr polymers. Sounds like the perfect pocket pistol. Its pricey but if its reliable it would be worth every penny to me.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Waiting for Kahr 380
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 09:04:42 PM »
The ones that trickle into my little gun store, (seen one, had two) are like front row tickets at a concert.... "GONE QUICK"
http://www.kahr.com/PA-1_380_p.html      There's a list for back order. Even at over $600.00.  LCP's are gone as soon as soon as my local guys get 3-4.

Although the Kahr PM 9093, in 9mm, is only a 1/4" longer, a 4 oz. more. Oh,.. and about 250 bucks more, but Kahr is proud of their pistols, and rightly so, their pretty much top shelf.  But the 9's are more available and more easily obtained.

I own 2 .380's, a Walther PPK/S, (love it but a wee bit heavy in summer attire,) and a Kel-Tec P3AT, which is one that works here in when its in the 90's..  Cor-Bon DPX and/or Gold Dots, are great carry rounds IMHO.

gunsamerica.com worked out great when P3AT's were "backordered", paid $25.00 transfer fee to my local FFL, had it in 4 days.

Good Luck, Hope you get one the one you want.. Be sure to let us know, with a pic or three,.. 8)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

notsobigal

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 09:29:10 PM »
Thanks for the info twyacht. At least now I know there are a few out there. I'm kinda leery about buying a brand new gun but I think I'm gonna go for it when I find one. I will definately share some pics when I get it.

notsobigal

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »
Got an e-mail back from kahr sales and they don't even know when it will start shipping. Was originally set for June but was pulled back, who knows how long.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk