Author Topic: Finally....Mosquito Replacement Slide  (Read 1787 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
Finally....Mosquito Replacement Slide
« on: November 24, 2017, 05:00:59 AM »
I finally found a replacement slide for my POS Sig Mosquito....$119 at Numrich.

The pot metal (maybe MIM?) slide broke at the back along the slide guides some years ago.  I like everything about it except performance.  I won another Mosquito at a sporting clays event and it runs OK and I use it so....I figured for $120 it was worth "fixing" and hoping it works.

It's shipped and in the mail.  I'll let you know if it runs any better than it did with the original slide. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: Finally....Mosquito Replacement Slide
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 07:08:53 AM »
Did you try contacting Sig?  They have proven to be pretty comprehensive in backing/fixing their guns.

Hazcat had a Mosquito that jammed constantly.  He got so fed up he was about to toss it until he decided to send it to Sig. 

As I recall, it took two go arounds, but he got himself a sweet shooting .22 semi-auto for nothing but postage.

I've put a bunch of rounds through it, myself.  I can tell you it is a real pleasure to shoot.

FWIW,
Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 01:27:11 PM »
I tried some years ago.  Then I figured I'd change out the barrel and I put a little too much pressure on the slide....and at once realizing it was a pot metal POS.

How is Haz by the way?  We miss him around here.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 06:51:25 AM »
Haz is doing well.  Since he opted for SocSec at 62, and has kept working part-time, he's got enough income to pay his bills, eat regularly, and even treat himself on the rare occasion. 

Haz Jr. is heading into the final year of his ship's engineer training and will be gainfully employed around this time next year.  So things are good.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk