Author Topic: Activist Judges - and the spiral continues downward  (Read 292 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 469
Activist Judges - and the spiral continues downward
« on: May 14, 2024, 12:55:54 PM »
I'm a firm believer in separation of powers for our government.   Congress/legislature makes laws, judges rule on them framed in light of the constitution and the executive branch carries out and enforces those laws.  It's scary when one branch decides to venture into the territory of another.   The executive branch trying to find ways around duly passed laws, or congress acting as judge and jury, or judges making up laws or ignoring the constitution is not right. 

Recently there was a judge who declared the the US 2nd Amendment didn't exist in her courtroom as an example.  Well now in Georgia, we have a judicial candidate who is stating in no uncertain terms how he will vote on some political issues.  The Georgia Judicial Qualifications Commission has issued a citation to him because this is against the state ethics for judges to make commitments about how they will rule on issues that are likely to come before the high court.  In essence he's saying, I don't like the laws passed by the GA Legislature (and affirmed by the current justices) and if you don't either then vote for me.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/georgia-court-candidate-sues-to-block-ethics-rules-so-he-can-keep-campaigning-on-abortion/ar-BB1lVu0I

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Activist Judges - and the spiral continues downward
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 02:02:54 PM »
Yeah, I've seen his ads, already vowed to oppose him as he likely would be anti-2A to boot. Glad someone went after him for pre-announcing his rulings!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1463
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 02:58:35 PM »
In other words, "To HELL with the LAW and the Constitution. I'll vote how I damn well feel".

One of those, "The Constitution is a living document" Judges.

B$.... It is a LEGAL document and not open to your personal feelings.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2024, 06:30:45 PM »
Well $hucks, if he likes you then you are good.  If he doesn't like you bye bye.

It's about how you feel nowadays.... 

I feel like throwing up.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk