Author Topic: Organization of This Forum  (Read 5368 times)

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Organization of This Forum
« on: January 09, 2009, 09:21:21 AM »
Hey guys.

I went through some of the threads this morning an "cleaned them up".

We all really appreciate the enthusiasm for and interest in personal and home defense, afterall without the enthusiasm, The Best Defense goes nowhere. The feedback and discussions here, just 8 day after premiering, have been incredible.

As those of you who have been involved in online communications know, there an be a tendency to de-rail a thread and go off-topic if that enthusiasm isn't kept in check. I often say in class that I "teach by tangent" because I have a tendency to go off on a rant or address an immediate issue based on student questions or actions regardless of what the timeline says (one of the reasons that I don't use a timeline!).  But, for this forum to stay organized to be what we want (Primarily, a place for people to learn more about the topics on the show and ask questions about WHY we showed what we did), we are going to have to try very hard to keep it organized.

This morning, I split a couple of tangents off from the main topics that they started in as separate threads. In the future, please try to keep posts on topic or reference a tangent and start a new thread to cover it. Also, keep in mind that this forum is not a "strategy & tactics" free-for-all. I look forward to continuing to discuss The Best Defense and the topics, techniques, tactics, concepts, philosophies and gear that we use on the show.

Thanks.

-Rob

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Organization of This Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 02:14:12 PM »
As a second step in the organization of the TBD Forum, we have moved several threads not dealing directly with Show Content to the new Defense & Tactics Forum!

Not only should this encourage more participation from the DRTV Community as a whole, but it should also make things easier for those Community Members and Guests who are looking for information specifically pertaining to the show.

THANKS!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk