Author Topic: CA CCW Shall Issue Legislation  (Read 5397 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
Re: CA CCW Shall Issue Legislation
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 05:50:27 PM »
As I said, she is trying to get people to turn them in, she can't take them with out cuase.  She legally has done nothing wrong, yet. 

Now on to that link... unless you tell them that you have a CCW revoked, there is no way of them knowing that ( legally)  even a life scan( the system used by all the schools, most goverment agencys, and any employer that was a deep crimal back ground check) ran by that DOJ can not give out that info)

While yes a revoked or denied CCW will stay on record with the DOJ... once again you can not remove a CCW with out cuase( basicly you commited crime(s) or have a restrianing order against you.), which is highly regulated.  Also, in CA, all of the sheriff dept know who will and who will not issue CCWs.  So in CA that black mark really means shit.   If they did it for a valid reason that would be stored with the DOJ and would DQ anyways.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 01:28:16 AM »
No, this is my County and she's giving the choice of early expiration or revocation. Many of my friends have gotten their letters. Her causes are that she says they were political favors for supporting former Sheriff Carona, who may be sentenced soon and that causes that were inline are no longer.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/permits-carona-concealed-2186181-county-department

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 02:46:57 AM »
Thats a intresting argument, if she can prove it, she can legally revoke them.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 07:48:24 PM »
If this happening I hope someone  calls the NRA. I would think they would spring for the lawyer just to get the ink (and subsequent funraising fodder). It truly is amazing what a certified demand letter from an attorney can do to get a public official's undivded attention. Unless they're willing to cowboy up (for publicity reasons of their own) the odds are they'll just figure its easier to let it go away rather than have to deal with it. I mean it may be California, but its still Orange County, you can't swing a sharply dresed chihuaua without hitting a`republican
fightingquaker13

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 08:30:23 PM »
The NRA has been sending lawyers to all of the Board of Supervisors meetings. She just brings in her plain clothes SWAT officers to harass the people who support concealed carry and she spies on the Supervisors. This an appointed Sheriff that was placed by the Supervisors, because of Sheriff Carona's legal troubles. Hopefully, someone else will be elected next year. The biggest problem isn't the Sheriffs like her, it is the law that allows them to treat us as subjects.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hutchens-supervisors-sheriff-2301977-board-county

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:15:05 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 09:26:58 PM »
The sad reality is, there is nothing that any one can do to stop her from pulling them( short of getting her removed... not going to happen unless they find something really bad or the public speaks out, once again not going to happen.)  After the fact they can rip her a new one if she can't prove cuase for revoking them.  I'd be really intrested in how she can prove that they were political favors.

Short of a paper trail or a wittness I don't see her being able too.

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 02:44:20 AM »
This one's got a slim chance, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 02:38:54 PM »
The NRA has been sending lawyers to all of the Board of Supervisors meetings. She just brings in her plain clothes SWAT officers to harass the people who support concealed carry and she spies on the Supervisors. This an appointed Sheriff that was placed by the Supervisors, because of Sheriff Carona's legal troubles. Hopefully, someone else will be elected next year. The biggest problem isn't the Sheriffs like her, it is the law that allows them to treat us as subjects.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hutchens-supervisors-sheriff-2301977-board-county

Nice to see that your local paper is pro-2A (he said sarcastically)

A hearing Nov.18 brought a crowd of angry gun activists to the Santa Ana boardroom, where they spent hours defending their perceived right to bear arms.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 03:55:10 PM »
Nice to see that your local paper is pro-2A (he said sarcastically)

Yep! And supposedly, this is the flagship paper of the Libertarian party. ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk