Author Topic: Ruger LC9  (Read 2814 times)

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ruger LC9
« on: February 13, 2014, 01:12:59 PM »
Purchased one for the wife for Christmas. She decided to step away from her Ruger LCP. Had the opportunity to shoot them before with students in NRA classes. Rather long trigger pull but was surprised how accurate the pistol was and did not have to rely on a laser as with the LCP. Ended up picking up a second one. Now I own more Rugers than Glocks....

Love having sights that work. One issue I ran into was pinching by the magazine on reloads.  What are your thoughts?

mortdooley

• The U.S. Constitution poses no serious threat to our form of government..
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Ruger LC9
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 08:01:59 AM »
Congrats on the LC9, while I don't plan on getting one soon I always like to know what others think about something that may follow me home. On the other hand I will always have more Rugers then Glocks because I am one of the few that actually don't want a Glock.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

- – Voltaire

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.--Ray Bradbury

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 11:15:53 AM »
Never mind...found it.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 12:14:29 PM »
Were I to ever need to purchase a 9mm pistol, the LC9 would top the list. I like the size of the gun for the caliber it uses......very compact, but also ergonomic. It basically the same physical size, but with more firepower, as my Colt Gov't .380 (scaled down 1911).

I have my daughter-in-laws LC9 for the moment to check out and handle.

The one drawback is the method to disassemble it for cleaning.....needing the 'key' or a tool to facilitate take-down. Ruger dropped the ball here (IMHO). But, considering all the positives, this alone would not inhibit me from owning one, if I needed a 9mm.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 06:57:38 PM »
Hey Ping congrats on the LC9 and good to see you, it has been awhile since I ran across you here.
I have joined the GSSF and planning to shoot the match in Atlanta this July.
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:19:08 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk