Author Topic: Reason for CCW...Real Gunfighter  (Read 3001 times)

1776 Rebel

Reason for CCW...Real Gunfighter
« on: April 06, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »
Just picked this up on David Codrea's blog. I've never seen this before but man this dude has been thru hell. Story is of a guy in California with store that sells watches. Probably the most UNlikely setting for MULTIPLE shootouts you can think of. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
Re: Reason for CCW...Real Gunfighter
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:45:11 PM »
Had he not had a gun, he would be dead.. I wonder what kind of legal action he has had against him?

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:45:54 PM »
Just picked this up on David Codrea's blog. I've never seen this before but man this dude has been thru hell. Story is of a guy in California with store that sells watches. Probably the most UNlikely setting for MULTIPLE shootouts you can think of. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w

That is one hard core individual, and definately someone we can learn from. If I could afford a high end watch, I sure buy it from him.
FQ13

long762range

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:41:17 PM »
I saw his story several years ago.  Ultimately he had to close the shop because the local gang was just going to keep sending guys in until they killed him.  Brave man and smart enough to know when to go.
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous.  If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

deamonpi

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 09:13:01 PM »
he seems like a good guy and its too bad.
Damasureta ho ga warui
(The decieved were wrong)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:16:38 PM »

Sgt Z Squad

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 11:50:01 PM »
A true sheepdog!
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. [Romans 5:8] ::)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 956
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 07:34:45 AM »
My "smarta**" response is that he is a nightmare for the brady bunch, but a true Citizen!

However, seriously, he is an example for Citizens everywhere.  He knows his Rights and exercises them in a responsible manor.  He started with basic safe protection, and grew his knowledge, skills and abilities as fast as he could.  I hope everyone noted that he not only bought more guns and bullets, but he had a plan in place for their placement, he learned more self defense than just trigger control, and he made building changes (double doors and cameras) to avoid gun use.

It is too bad that he was forced to seclusion because of revenge by the bad guys, but that is what protecting ourselves always leads to.   I really appreciate his openness to not being a gun happy quick draw killer (many would not view it that way and call him on the contradictions in his words and actions), and the way he compares himself to a soldier doing what needs to be done to protect himself and others.  He also puts more into the aftermath he faces than the adrenaline rush and glory of the action.

Back to "smarta**" - He is my kind of guy.  He has a job he loves and continues to practice, he has the time and money to buy and train with guns, he has the time and money to train physically, he has the drive and disipline to do what he knows needs to be done, and he enjoys a good cigar while working  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk