Author Topic: Pittsburgh Shooting - 911 Operator Screw Up  (Read 5109 times)

1776 Rebel

Re: Pittsburgh Shooting - 911 Operator Screw Up
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 04:55:55 AM »
Not bashing 911. 99% of the time they do a great job. But there have been some huge screwups like the Pittsburgh incident. It just happens that this morning another blog posted a link to this story from last month.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17150_5-horrifying-tales-911-incompetence.html

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Pittsburgh Shooting - 911 Operator Screw Up
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 05:50:17 AM »
Tom was right, I'm not a LEO but I have worked with 2 - one urban, one county. ALL say the same thing - they hate domestic disturbances, they are the most likely to go out of control and turn violent. So if an officer is responding in a Code White mindset, yeah, that is a problem.

I think this points out the truth of JSC3ATLCSO's dispatch trainer's comment - not everyone can be a dispatcher. Our local dispatch is a 2-state, 2-county, 9-agency dispatch center. Think about that - dispatch for police, fire, ambulance for 2 counties, 3 major cities (and a number of smaller ones). Each dispatcher has 6 computer screens, complex radios and phone systems to operate. And 2 Mother Hens keeping watch on everything. So, no, it ain't for everyone.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk