Author Topic: Clinton Era treaty- we need to fight it  (Read 1468 times)

saltydogbk

• Better to die on my feet than live on my knees
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Clinton Era treaty- we need to fight it
« on: May 04, 2009, 10:13:20 AM »
"Apr 23 2009
From the high office of the White House, Obama continues to seek ways in which to restrict our rights. In this case, according to a recent AP article, he's seeking Senate ratification of a Clinton-era treaty called the "INTER-AMERICAN CONVENTION AGAINST THE ILLICIT MANUFACTURING OF AND TRAFFICKING IN FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, EXPLOSIVES, AND OTHER RELATED MATERIALS."
This treaty was signed by Bill Clinton in 1997, but was never ratified by the Senate.

Making Reloading Illegal

What does this mean for Americans? For one thing, it would criminalize the act of reloading ammunition without a license. Yep, you read that correctly. If you are one of the many folks who reload ammunition for any reason - whether to counter the current unprecedented ammunition shortages (apparently brought on by a public that's deathly afraid of the Obama administration's intentions regarding legal purchasing and ownership of guns and ammo) or just to put together some nice, accurate hunting loads, then this treaty would make you a criminal.

This is only one of the many freedom-restricting avenues which the Obama-led Federal government has explored in the short time it's been in place. A ban on the sale of surplus military cartridge cases was recently proposed and then overturned due to public outcry. We should let that be an example of what folks can do by raising their voices - and we must continue to do so if we are to continue to retain our domestic freedoms, i.e. human rights.

Making Other Things Illegal, too

The treaty would also apparently prohibit unlicensed manufacture of "other related materials," which it goes on to define as "any component, part, or replacement part of a firearm, or an accessory which can be attached to a firearm."

That would mean that anyone who builds a replacement part for a gun at home without a license would be a criminal. The building of a small knurled knob, which I recently made for an uncle's rifle sight on my lathe, would put me in violation of this treaty.

What a mess."

Here is a link I found that we can use to let them know we do not support the treaty Bho brought back from Mexico.

http://2aradio.com/fight-obamas-antigun-treaty.html
You can never have too many guns, or too much ammo

pops1911

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Clinton Era treaty- we need to fight it
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 10:18:42 AM »
This will also allow a foreign country to extradite you for any infraction (reloading etc) & try you in their courts with no help from the USA. It is by default a nulification of all US laws & Constitution - Thank you again Slick Willie, BHo et al. Defeat this treaty & kill it - not to mention the sponsors, administration backing it etc. Time to assert our rights!!!!!!

See Alan Korwin's post:
http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php/topic,6282.0.html
"...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" -- Samual Adams

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 05:12:38 PM »
This will also allow a foreign country to extradite you for any infraction (reloading etc) & try you in their courts with no help from the USA. It is by default a nulification of all US laws & Constitution - Thank you again Slick Willie, BHo et al. Defeat this treaty & kill it - not to mention the sponsors, administration backing it etc. Time to assert our rights!!!!!!

See Alan Korwin's post:
http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php/topic,6282.0.html

that will never happen... 2 reasons. 

1 the people will not stand for it.

2 you would have to be exporting your ammo.  not a easy thing to do legally.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

pops1911

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 08:51:37 PM »
And pigs won't fly, but the swine flu!!   ;D
"...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" -- Samual Adams

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk