Author Topic: Upcoming Combat Focus Shooting Courses!  (Read 6487 times)

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Upcoming Combat Focus Shooting Courses!
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 09:31:31 PM »
Ping,

Ammunition is the responsibility of the student. Some hosts do sell ammunition, but that is a case-by-case issue.

The fact is that we have lowered the "recommended" amount of ammo because of student concerns, but the amount of ammunition at the course isn't a huge issue. If a student showed up with 500 rnds, they would still get a lot out of the course... just not as many reps in the drills. I've never felt that students weren't going to need to get more reps outside of a 2 or 3 day class to really drive home the techniques. The lectures, techniques, concepts and opportunity to train and test gear under scrutiny is really what the courses are about.... the practice is still going to have to happen over time. I've told a couple of students that they could bring .22 conversions for their pistols and use them for the "reps" portions of the course (as long as they learn techniques will recoil and then go through the more dynamic and evaluative drills with centerfire). For those students, I've recommended at least 300 centerfire rounds, with the balance in .22.

I really don't want the budget issue to be a problem for students who want the training, so we're adapting as necessary. The fact is the problem is serious. Today I got notice from a Military  Unit that they might need to purchase ammo on the open market because of a logistics issue for a class in 2 weeks and I know its not going to be easy to find as much as we want. Also today, a friend who runs a range asked me if I can help him get some rounds in May, as he is running low and his suppliers have told him that he'll get nothing until June!

-RJP

-RJP

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 06:33:31 AM »
I shot exactly 500 rounds in the class with my GLOCK 26. Those with higher capacity guns shot more (maybe 750). I feel I got plenty out the class.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 08:01:37 PM »
I was just curious Rob cause I am having a heck of time getting ammo. Same issue around here with suppliers not having anything in stock. There was plenty of .40 Smith and Wesson and now that I have purchased a Glock that shoots that ammo I find myself unable to find any.
Just a month ago I was able to get the 200 or 250 rounds of Remington UMC in .40 S&W. Everywhere I went they had .40 but you could not find 9mm, .45 ACP or .380 to save your life.
Thanks for responding Rob.  :)

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 08:16:49 PM »
I am having a heck of time getting ammo.

Ping, call these people in Columbus, OH. American Eagle .40 on sale for $15.99 (10 or more boxes) til 4/30. Maybe they will ship to you.

http://buckeyeoutdoors.net/flyer/flyer.pdf
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Frisco

• Ugly, broke down, retired old fart.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »
COME TO ARIZONA!
God bless, and sincere thanks to all our fine people in uniform.  You pay for our freedom, and for that we owe you all we can give you.  Thank you.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:45:03 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk