Poll

which one should i buy? keeping in mind i'm on a budget, but want a gun that works for ccw

ruger Lcp
s&W 638
taurus 651

Author Topic: small frame revolver poll  (Read 8141 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: small frame revolver poll
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 01:02:12 AM »
I voted for the Smith, no heartburn about the Taurus, if I could not buy the Smith and could the Taurus, Fine, The LCP I have not shot, and had great hopes for, but the press after the recall, seems like the trigger pull suffered hard, not that you cannot overcome it, it was meant for 20' and will probably do just fine, but in .380 acp, a little anemic, but push come to shove, I'll take it and say thank you, if I could not afford something else. The SP 101 and the LCR, is in a strange place for me, Ruger double action wheel guns are overly heavy, and overly sized, except for the now defunct speed six and the security six, gp 100, and Redhawk although are fine revolvers if you like clubs, are fine for field use, but not the choice of any one in competition. The smaller frame guns take some thinking, I like the SP101, and have handled the LCR, and it is not bad, best Ruger has come out with to date, IMHO, but the 101 is too heavy and large for its category, the LCR is light, but once again, too large, for the extra size I would choose a Colt, Cobra or Agent, you get 6 shots instead of 5. I am no fan of Colt DA revolvers, but in this case the shoe fits. Here is my well worn, often carried but seldom shot Agent.  The grips are Pachmeyers, that have been cut down to fit the frame and the smallest configuration.

" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

deputy125

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 12:59:31 PM »
to each his own...........

but given the three choices, for me its the smith bodyguard. Light weight, conceals well for my mode of dress, and snag free profile. easily carries in my pants pocket. reliable, reliable, reliable.
Order without Liberity, and Liberty without Order are equally destructive------Ben Franklin

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 07:02:55 AM »
I don't carry my snub in my pocket too often, I use a high ride OWB.  For this reason the Ultra-lites don't move me one way or another.  Everyone has their own style, for me if I'm going pocket, I'm going lightweight and that means a compact auto like a keltec or an LCP.  If on a budget, and I only had one choice, it would be a Taurus Ultra-lite in any of the many available.  For that I would lean toward a .38+p vs a .357.  I have a stainless .357 snub (Taurus 605) and it's a bear to shoot with full house loads.  I load it with 38+p's.  I like the small S&W J-frames, but find them smaller than the Taurus small frame guns, yet still a little too bulky for pocket carry unless you wear pleated pants or cargo pants. If you wear those the size between the S&W and Taurus doesn't matter as much anyway.   Best advice:  They are all good guns.  Go with what fits your hand the best and what you feel most comfortable with.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk