Author Topic: Johnny Depp wants to teach his kids to handle guns  (Read 1357 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Johnny Depp wants to teach his kids to handle guns
« on: July 04, 2009, 07:37:24 AM »
hu, Jul 2 02:50 PM

London, July 02(ANI): Johnny Depp is keen on teaching his children to handle guns.

The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' star, who learnt shooting at the age of six in Kentucky where he grew up, wants to pass on his experience to his kids.

"We would just go out and line up a bunch of cans and shoot with rifles, handguns and at times, submachine guns," the Daily Star quoted him as saying.

"When I was a kid it was a controlled atmosphere, we weren't shooting at humans - we were shooting at cans and bottles mostly. I will most certainly take my kids out for target practice," he added.

The Hollywood biggie has two children with his long-term partner Vanessa Paradis - Lily-Rose, 10, and Jack, seven.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20090702/906/ten-johnny-depp-wants-to-teach-his-kids.html
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Timothy

Re: Johnny Depp wants to teach his kids to handle guns
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 08:13:22 AM »
Good for him, too bad he lives in Europe most of the time, he might find that right restricted somewhat!

Anyone notice thay Yahoo tends to have this type of news whereas no one else would publish it?

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 08:17:21 AM »
A Hollywood big name that has moved to Europe for a lifestyle and attitude that still holds to some of the basic rural America upbringings that made him what he is.  Don't know that much about him, but this is shocking ... good, but shocking.

I hope he is able to connect with some "good ole boy" from back home that will take him and his family out for some good life lessons that they can all turn into what he remembers from his youth.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 08:23:20 AM »
Good for him, too bad he lives in Europe most of the time, he might find that right restricted somewhat!

Anyone notice thay Yahoo tends to have this type of news whereas no one else would publish it?

Yes , and I'm pleasantly surprised, Them seem to be better with the stories than even Fox News.

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 08:24:43 AM »
I think some Hollywood types move because some Americans are absolutely OBSESSED with celebrity and the Europeans are more casual about it.  I also think that some Americans have forgotten what a role model should be, a father, a minister, a teacher, a close relative, etc.....in some aspects, folks look to sports figures, musicians and actors as those role models and the results are quite evident that it's not working.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:26:24 AM »

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 08:31:10 AM »
Well Done Bloke   ;D ;D

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk