Author Topic: Prayer Request For A Fellow Marine Electrician  (Read 9070 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Prayer Request For A Fellow Marine Electrician (thankful update)
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 06:10:10 PM »
Got the skinny this morning. Jeff was inside the control room, inside the main panel, working next to a live 380VAC Buss, on a secondary control system circuit.

Due to the "inconvenience" of going "dead ship" and cutting all external power, it makes Capt.'s and Crews grumpy as most of the larger yacht systems are all high voltage, very little 24VDC.

He was "pushing the envelope", the screwdriver in his right hand "nicked the 380 Buss" and exploded inside the panel. The web between his thumb joint and index finger was blown into a large nasty hole. He did not lose any fingers, but also has palm burns across all 4 fingers. A small piece of the plastic handle of the screwdriver melted in an instant into the wound. He had surgery today, and his fingernails are all black. If it doesn't get infected, he'll recover with all 5 fingers.

He suffered no other damage, his guitar picking days are over, but with Physical therapy, and a good surgeon, he keeps all his fingers.. So prayers were certainly answered on that end.

Thank you
for the thoughts and prayers, I told his supervisor that myself, co-workers, and strangers on the DRTV forum are hoping he has a speedy recovery. He's a good guy and wanted to also express his gratitude and heartfelt thanks.

The Super, said he should have scheduled a time to shut the power off, (as my company does),  and just thought about safety.
He said he would get word back to Jeff.

Thanks again DRTV.  Prayer works...

TW

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
Re: Prayer Request For A Fellow Marine Electrician
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 10:24:11 PM »
Glad to hear he is OK and will recover to a good extent.....thanks for the update.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 09:14:35 AM »
done
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »
Thanks for the update, TW.  And the prayers will continue.

YOU be careful out there. 
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk