Author Topic: American soldier  (Read 3265 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: American soldier
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 05:37:06 PM »
I believe they were F-111's Tom.  I also recall that the French would'nt let us fly through their airspace for the attack.....too bad we had no smart hardware at the time, he would not have survived the attack...

You are correct, sir.  I stand chastened.   ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 07:59:36 AM »
Pride.  These young men and women are the world's best.
Sorrow.  Our current leadership doesn't begin to understand that.
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 08:45:46 AM »
Thank You 2How. I have never heard that or saw that before.
Did we win???

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 10:03:23 AM »
I believe they were F-111's Tom.  I also recall that the French would'nt let us fly through their airspace for the attack.....too bad we had no smart hardware at the time, he would not have survived the attack...

We have been using "smart weapons" since the late 60s.  The Paveway LGB and Walleye TV guided weapon were used in Vietnam starting in 67.  They used various directed weapons in Libya but he was warned to leave by the Italians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_El_Dorado_Canyon
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 10:31:54 AM »
The Germans used guided weapons during WWII, the Fritz X and another manufactured by Henschel or Heinkel (I forget  which as well as the designation, it was an an He something )

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:42:40 AM »

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 03:48:47 PM »
I have trained more 18 year olds than I care to remember and I have had the pleasure to have served with some of the finest that have ever put on a uniform. This poem sits in my wallet.
 A Veteran
Is someone, who at one point, in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to the "United States of America" for an amount for, up to and including, his/her life.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk