Author Topic: The future of handguns: will we ever get any fundamental changes?  (Read 9403 times)

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The future of handguns: will we ever get any fundamental changes?
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2010, 04:11:23 PM »
I want to followup on something that both Tom and TAB touched on.  The law will have an effect on hangun development.  After the 1994 law choking magazine capacity to 10 rounds, we saw a bunch of smaller pistols that were designed to hold 10 rounds.  I heard them called Clinton Guns.  Wonder why we don't have more pistol caliber carbines?  It's partially due to it being illegal to have shoulder stocks and barrels of less than 16" on the same gun.  If mufflers are made fully legal again, prices will come down and we'll see even more innovation.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2010, 04:24:08 PM »
Toms right about suppressors. The only thing that drive that is a collision between noise ordinances and a large constituency wanting to shoot. Unless the pitch can be made the devices are no diffeent than car mufflers, a way to be polite to the neighbors, people will see them as James Bond style assasins tools. The Fudds will be silent as well, as they see them as unsporting poachers tools. It would still be fun to have one, but the regs, expense and short life expectancy of the things means I won't own one until I can either buy it at Wall Mart or Tom gets elected. ;D
FQ13, who means no offense Tom, just being prepared. ;)

tombogan03884

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 05:26:17 PM »
Toms right about suppressors. The only thing that drive that is a collision between noise ordinances and a large constituency wanting to shoot. Unless the pitch can be made the devices are no diffeent than car mufflers, a way to be polite to the neighbors, people will see them as James Bond style assasins tools. The Fudds will be silent as well, as they see them as unsporting poachers tools. It would still be fun to have one, but the regs, expense and short life expectancy of the things means I won't own one until I can either buy it at Wall Mart or Tom gets elected. ;D
FQ13, who means no offense Tom, just being prepared. ;)

It will be part of my Environmental policy  ;D.
But seriously, Before the NFA suppressors were standard equipment for the shooting galleries at Coney Island and else where, as well as being used to shoot rodents in the cities without scaring the neighbors.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 05:37:22 PM »

I wonder how the ATF would classify plasma??? and consider it evil? ???  It's OK in televisions.... ::)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1081
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 10:24:06 PM »

I wonder how the ATF would classify plasma??? and consider it evil? ???  It's OK in televisions.... ::)

"Hey, just what you see on the rack, pal."

Shameless Terminator quote.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk