Author Topic: Red Walnut Dust  (Read 5448 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Red Walnut Dust
« on: February 01, 2012, 05:55:42 AM »
I've been using a maroon colored crushed walnut for tumbling brass. It works really well, and it's easy to see when there's some on a casing. The trouble is, it tends to cling to the inside of the casing, and it makes a mess it the bags where the clean brass is stored.

How do you folks "de-dust" your brass after tumbing?
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: Red Walnut Dust
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 10:36:49 AM »
Jay, throw a dryer sheet in with the brass while tumbling it.any excess dust will cling to it.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:14:17 AM »
Jay, throw a dryer sheet in with the brass while tumbling it.any excess dust will cling to it.

And you will have the best smelling cartridges on the range  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 11:14:31 AM »
Jay, on another forum I have read where some people use lanolin which they say can be purchased OTC at your local drug store.  Haven't tried it.

FWIW

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 07:42:33 PM »

Cool.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:50:20 AM »

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 07:49:31 PM »

New or used?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 09:06:23 PM »
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 05:45:38 AM »
I have used dryer sheets before and they DO work, but I was using USED ones ('cause I'm cheap!). I had forgotten about them.
I've got to pack everything up soon for the move, so I'll probably start out in my new home with a new batch of walnut, and use dryer sheets right away.
Thanks guys.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

BAC

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 05:51:16 AM »
I have used dryer sheets before and they DO work, but I was using USED ones ('cause I'm cheap!). I had forgotten about them.
I've got to pack everything up soon for the move, so I'll probably start out in my new home with a new batch of walnut, and use dryer sheets right away.
Thanks guys.

Will the move be to America, or within NJ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk