Author Topic: A pretty neat idea for the Bond Arms .410....  (Read 6279 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A pretty neat idea for the Bond Arms .410....
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 12:07:27 PM »
And you only have to reload on the 1st and 15th of the month.  ;D

LOL!

Wish there were more .22 autos with better than 10 round mags!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 02:16:15 PM »
I keep my NAA .22 in my front pocket for snakes and have dispatched several with it to good effect already. It has better range with shot than you would think, and it beats wasting a Cor-Bon on a snake.

The tin kit can be made at home with an empty Altoids can with things bought in the camping section of most department stores.

That being said, I really would like to have a Bond Arms gun, funds permitting. I think the gun would make a nice addition as a console or under the steering column gun for the truck.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 02:32:52 PM »
You don't need a "kit" for the Bond either, your pockets (in cargo jeans) will do. I've sold and traded my share of guns. I've regretted a few, but the Bond is one of two I've really, really regretted. That said, if you were to just give me $550 to spend on a gun, it probably wouldn't be a Bond. That should mitigate sellers remorse, but it doesn't. Being able to carry a .357 in a front jeans pocket with no print is a comforting thing. Me, I would have the .357/.38 model with a back up .22 barrel ($140 or so) in the other pocket, and no one would know they were there. Three of the most common calibers in the US. Good enough for everything from pigeons to hogs and ok for social work. I have zero confidence in .410 from 3 1/2" barrels, but the rest of the line is beyond solid. If they were to make one in D/A, I would be hard pressed to find a reason not to sell something to buy one.
FQ13

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »
Greg Bond built one of his 1st derringers for my wife, .357 mag, and truth, it is decently regulated, both barrels will hit an orange at 10yrds, with the same sight picture, and in real magnums, is not bad, the .22rf or .22mag, more ammo yes, tree rat or rabbit at 50" or more, I have not shot one, but doubt the design would allow it, as to the .45/410, I do think it is viable, with birdshot, for short shots at snakes and such, .45 colt, bigger critters, with the Eley 3 or 4 pellet SD, definitely. Beyond 15 yrds on anything smaller than say a 15 lb animal, not so much. Putting together a small survival kit that included it, yeah, I can see that, of course you can have shot capsules in .38 and .357 too. Ream it out to .357 maximum, and now you have a real fire starter.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk