Author Topic: Going to Boston what can I carry that won't get me in trouble?  (Read 9793 times)

Timothy

Re: Going to Boston what can I carry that won't get me in trouble?
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 05:15:42 PM »
Welcome to my nightmare....and for the record, it's not my state, it's the wifes.. ;)

I've been to that Bass Pro a dozen times and technically, without a MA License or FID card, your not allowed to even handle ammunition or firearms in Massachusetts.  I'm out of here in the next couple of weeks anyway.

I've taken a job in CT and will be moving very soon.  Problem for me is it's become a PITA to get a CC license in CT since I left so I'm going to be naked for a few months.  A cane is sounding like a good idea...

Glad your trip to Beantown was uneventful Majer, I think the area around the stadium is pretty safe.  And, it's only a few hours from NY for a visit...

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 05:20:50 PM »
From my driveway to the parking garage in Boston was a little over 4 hours with one stop for gas and breakfast.
Good Luck with your Ct permit, I don't think it's as bad as it looks on paper
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Timothy

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »
From my driveway to the parking garage in Boston was a little over 4 hours with one stop for gas and breakfast.
Good Luck with your Ct permit, I don't think it's as bad as it looks on paper

Thanks Majer,

It's probably not that bad, the money is most of it.  When I lived there before, I basically hand carried my paperwork through the town to the SP Barracks and had it within a week.  That was 27 years ago....I tossed a coin last year to get my out of state in CT or ME.  I chose ME because we spend more time there.  I picked wrong......I could have carried legally until I change my residency status.  Now I have to forfeit my MA license and re-apply when I gain CT residency.  It's a real pain...

My kingdom for 50 state reciprocity..

Can I ask what school?

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 05:37:38 PM »
It was Stone Hill college. She wants to Major in psychology with a minor in criminal justice(Looking to get a job with the FBI)
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Timothy

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 05:45:53 PM »
Good for her! 

That's a decent area of the state, outside of Boston and only an hour to the cape.  I don't know anything about the school personally other than it's a private Catholic school.  You can't go wrong there..

Wish her good luck for us...God Bless her in her journey...

Sponsor

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »
Thanks for all the advice both good and bad(FQ?)
Hey! The Dropkick Murphys are a great band! ;D
FQ13

cevtv

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 12:52:44 AM »
It was Stone Hill college. She wants to Major in psychology with a minor in criminal justice(Looking to get a job with the FBI)

Tell her to stay away from Brockton (Stonehill is in the next town over, Easton).  Trust me - I live in Brockton....not a great place to get lost.

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 09:03:54 AM »
+ 10 on Brockton, half the career criminals in the Metro area live in Brockton.
As for "Drop Kick Murphys" it might work in South Boston, In East Boston they will get your butt kicked.    ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk