Author Topic: Aftermarket snobs  (Read 3056 times)

thomas572

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Aftermarket snobs
« on: September 04, 2010, 02:58:49 PM »
What is with the after market snobbing my taurus 24/7 oss sheesh. All i want is a nice leather holster to go on my hip for it. Maybe a better laser sight other than rail mount. Heck i finaly find a high cap handgun that fits my rather small hand. Only to find very little in aftermarket goodies for it.

Anyone else haveing this trouble?

tombogan03884

Re: Aftermarket snobs
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 03:02:12 PM »
I'm a 1911 guy, I can't help.

But I can turn my pistol into anything from a .22 plinker, to a .45 carbine or even .50 cal, blaster  ;D
It can be like a woman with shoes  ;D

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 03:20:44 PM »
Seems Galco has quite a few holsters available, but the laser, no help.

It takes a while before a manufacturer decides if their attention to a product is viable, you can always go custom, and of course that means dollars.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Catalina

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 05:02:16 PM »
There is definitely a anti-Taurus snobbery in the marketplace and keyboard world - even though they are a very innovative handgun company that makes a fine product.

The oss feels WONDERFUL in my particular hand.

thomas572

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 05:33:07 PM »
Seems Galco has quite a few holsters available, but the laser, no help.

It takes a while before a manufacturer decides if their attention to a product is viable, you can always go custom, and of course that means dollars.

I looked at those but with rail mounted laser it wont fit. Right now i am useing a uncle mikes large frame generic nylon holster. Of course i'd rather have a light, and laser on this rig.

Oh Yes this is the most well fitting comfortable handgun for me. After fondleing many, many, others. Not to mention price was very afordable too.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:59:13 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »
I will start by saying, I have no experience with laser sights.
But rail mounted laser sites are an obsolete, inconvenient, waste of space, now that the technology has advanced to the point where you have CT grip mounted sights, Laser max sights replace the Guide rod, or the laser and rear sight combo.
With these alternatives you can either have an easier time finding a holster or free up the rail for some other option you may need, such as a white light.

It's like computers, and cell phones, I don't know a lot about the technology, but it has been fun watching it shrink and advance  ;D

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 06:33:13 AM »
Give Fist holsters a try.  www.FIST-INC.com or give them a call at 800-443-3478.  Let them know what you want and they will make it.  I had them make me up something special and it is great.  Quality is top shelf.

FWIW

Richard

PS:  I am not getting paid by Fist Inc.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »
Look at the laser max uni-max model, there are also some similar models out there that are rail mounted but so small that they will fit in most holsters. You'd also be a lot cheaper to have a custom holster made than to have a custom laser built.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

Kilroy

• Active Forum Member
  • JAFMP
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 08:03:06 AM »
What is with the after market snobbing my taurus 24/7 oss sheesh. All i want is a nice leather holster to go on my hip for it. Maybe a better laser sight other than rail mount.

Some of the custom makers of fine leather holsters can make exactly what you want.  The trade off is wait time and price.

Cheaper holsters depend on volume sales and are profit driven.  Providing holsters that have a lower demand in the market place is not always profitable.  It is understandable that you and a few others may seek a holster for your Taurus, but the overall demand may not be there.

Consider Alessi, Milt Sparks or Del Fatti.  There are likely other custom makers and most will have a wait time.
Kilroy...

...was here.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 08:24:58 AM »
Any decent leatherworker can make you a nice holster that will fit your pistol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk