Author Topic: House Clearing...For an amatuer...With a KID!  (Read 6688 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: House Clearing...For an amatuer...With a KID!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 06:59:35 PM »

THATS the little voice I'm talking about. It's the one that tells you something isn't right, even when there is no obvious evidence . Obvious is obvious and you call 911. But when the spidey sense tingles you listen.

Sounds like advice from MB's book Trail Safe or the book Afk recommended, Blink, or maybe some hard earned personal insight  :D :D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 07:41:40 PM »
Thats right....MB mentions that in Trail Safe. I've seen reference to that kind of thing in so many different places. If you get that hinky feeling or hear that voice, you ignore it at your own peril.
On a more everyday level, an old carpenter boss used to say, " If you have to think about it, just go ahead and do it or it WILL come back and bite you on the ass.". Meaning,,, if something is bothering you don't ignore the concern, just address it.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 07:56:25 PM »
Thats right....MB mentions that in Trail Safe. I've seen reference to that kind of thing in so many different places. If you get that hinky feeling or hear that voice, you ignore it at your own peril.
On a more everyday level, an old carpenter boss used to say, " If you have to think about it, just go ahead and do it or it WILL come back and bite you on the ass.". Meaning,,, if something is bothering you don't ignore the concern, just address it.

Truth. Even if its thinking you left the toaster oven or the coffee maker on after you leave the house. Go back and check. You only have to be wrong once.
FQ13

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 04:07:13 PM »
Truth. Even if its thinking you left the toaster oven or the coffee maker on after you leave the house. Go back and check. You only have to be wrong once.
FQ13

Agreed. But, does that mean call 911, or just assume that since their is no evidence of intrusion and no tingle from the spidey sense to just head on in?  :o

Seriously, though. Do i "cut the pie" with the kid hanging on the belt so I know where he is, or do I lock him in the truck with the cell phone and tell him to hide on the floor until I come get him and hope that if there is a bad guy, he doesn't take me and then the keys heading for my truck with my kid in it. That is my question.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 04:15:25 PM »
Agreed. But, does that mean call 911, or just assume that since their is no evidence of intrusion and no tingle from the spidey sense to just head on in?  :o

Seriously, though. Do i "cut the pie" with the kid hanging on the belt so I know where he is, or do I lock him in the truck with the cell phone and tell him to hide on the floor until I come get him and hope that if there is a bad guy, he doesn't take me and then the keys heading for my truck with my kid in it. That is my question.
You don't call 911 for a gut feeling. First, they might not even show up, unless you have Solus' open door. Second, if they do and find nothing, you become the boy who cried wolf. Good luck getting them to respond to your next call.
As far as the kid? Leave him the hell outside. In the house is going to be where the bullets are flying in a worst case scenario. Outside? Even if you lose, the odds of the BG taking time to chase down a 12 year old running like hell, vs getting in your car and just driving away seem low.
Just my .02.
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:59:02 PM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 04:40:13 PM »
Yup. Lock him in the truck, hiding (with the keys). Worst case if BG tries to get him you'll hear the commotion.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 04:49:03 PM »
Given your parameters and with the perfect 20/20 hindsight that all "Monday morning quarterbacks" possess, I say leave the kid in the truck.  Lock him in the truck with the keys (stashed in a map pocket or something but not in the ignition) and the cell phone.  Tell him that if he sees anyone he is to honk the horn.  That way you can break off your house clearing operation and see to the safety of your son.  Who knows, if he does honk the horn and it is a false alarm that might give anyone in the house an opportunity to bolt out the back door.  Tell him that if he hears shots to call 911 and say that shots have been fired.  If he is in the house and things go South, he will be a major liability and will change your tactics for the worse.  Not a very appealing situation no matter how you slice it. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk