Author Topic: Rendell vetoes bill to expand 'castle doctrine' (PA)  (Read 2467 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
Re: Rendell vetoes bill to expand 'castle doctrine' (PA)
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 03:38:41 PM »
the laws in CA are the same every where. 

Yea, but we are talking the castle doctrine.  Does California define their castle differently than other states.  Is the hardware store my castle, how about the gas station, and who's castle is the city park?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 03:40:10 PM »
Outside of law makers getting a clue, and the media talking about it, and the ignorant masses reading something, this really isn't an issue in self defense.

Come to any good carry class, and you will learn what I mean by that statement.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 07:36:17 PM »
Outside of law makers getting a clue, and the media talking about it, and the ignorant masses reading something, this really isn't an issue in self defense.

Come to any good carry class, and you will learn what I mean by that statement.

True enough, the important part of this bill is the section preventing civil suits by the criminal or his family against someone who used deadly force to protect himself / an innocent.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk