Poll

Is the administration right in pulling the majority of US troops out of Iraq this year over the issue of not subjecting our soldiers to Iraqi law?

Yes, we should pull out and honor the wishes of a democratically elected government.
6 (75%)
No, we should keep our troops there regardles of what the Iraqis want as a matter of national security.
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Iraqi Pullout: A Good Idea or a Fiasco?  (Read 5415 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Iraqi Pullout: A Good Idea or a Fiasco?
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 05:58:05 PM »
"animosity, vitriol, and childish name calling" are fairly standard fare in political debates, adults take it in stride.
Foolish invitations to physical violence such as you posted are not tolerated.
And on a gun related forum they are not very smart in the event someone were to take you up on it.

mauler

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 06:08:07 PM »
"animosity, vitriol, and childish name calling" are fairly standard fare in political debates, adults take it in stride.
Foolish invitations to physical violence such as you posted are not tolerated.
And on a gun related forum they are not very smart in the event someone were to take you up on it.

Sadly, you are probably correct that those things are fairly standard fare.  It is sad that people cannot think outside their little boxes, but resort to attacking the messenger.  Where I come from adults don't insult others because they disagree with facts or opinions presented by that person.  I don't let my mouth write checks that my a*s can't cash.  I almost never have a problem with anyone because I am mannerly and respectful to everyone, even those who generally don't deserve it.  But when I do have a problem it is because someone has crossed a line.  I don't enjoy such unpleasantness, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

Timothy

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 06:17:35 PM »
So...what was my major offense Mauler?  Stalker, troll or dimwit peanut farmer?

I've said nothing about your continued diatribe about Ron Paul.  There are a lot of things I like about his talking points but I don't believe he has a chance in heaven or hell in winning the nomination for the Presidency!

If I've offended you by my offhanded comments than I apologize but rest assured that I'm in fear of no man on this planet!  My wife, OTOH, scares the bejeesus out of me!

Cheers... ;)

mauler

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »
So...what was my major offense Mauler?  Stalker, troll or dimwit peanut farmer?

I've said nothing about your continued diatribe about Ron Paul.  There are a lot of things I like about his talking points but I don't believe he has a chance in heaven or hell in winning the nomination for the Presidency!

If I've offended you by my offhanded comments than I apologize but rest assured that I'm in fear of no man on this planet!  My wife, OTOH, scares the bejeesus out of me!

Cheers... ;)

I appreciate your apology, and I accept.  Let me also say that I apologize to you.  I don't talk to people on the internet any differently than I would if I were talking to them in person.  I don't insult people because they offer facts or opinions that I don't like.  I realize that tone, inflection and sarcasm are impossible to convey in the printed word.  I cut up and call my friends all sorts of names, but it is joking and in good fun.  I don't do that with people I don't know.  You are a good man to extend the laurel branch.

Timothy

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 06:36:35 PM »
I appreciate your apology, and I accept.  Let me also say that I apologize to you.  I don't talk to people on the internet any differently than I would if I were talking to them in person.  I don't insult people because they offer facts or opinions that I don't like.  I realize that tone, inflection and sarcasm are impossible to convey in the printed word.  I cut up and call my friends all sorts of names, but it is joking and in good fun.  I don't do that with people I don't know.  You are a good man to extend the laurel branch.

Thanks! 

Now, rest assured that if you stick around long enough you'll find that we're all a bunch of like minded boneheads.  Some of us know the moderators personally and talk frequently because we've become a family of sorts.  A family of miscreants that define the term dysfunctional and we will have our spats and piss and moan on occasion.

We're Patriots, or at least by our individual definition of that term, who love this country and weep for the condition it's in daily.

no animals were harmed in any way during this post.....

Timothy

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:34:07 PM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 07:11:18 PM »
The "big picture" mauler, is Obama has to go. There is no perfect candidate, and this forum is a great place to rant, bit**, moan, gripe, call attention to, debate, even argue.

But if you have a legitimate question, issue, problem, or experience about a firearm, I brush any and all political differences aside, and offer my best personal exp. or a bit of knowledge, or recommend another member that maybe an expert in your particular firearm. (and there are several here.)

The politics thread generally will bring out the most passionate beliefs, and opinions in all of us. The bottom line is we here at DRTV can respect that.

We don't need a constant soapbox. The banter, name calling, passionate political debate of different opinions is an attribute to DRTV. Diversify your message. Obama is the one that has to go.

Guess what? If Ron Paul is the nominee, I won't feel as bad as I did voting for McCain.

But we're all big boys, (and girls here), and kinda police ourselves when it comes to certain responses. (Because if Marshal'ette finds out we are in deep sh**, and have to spend time in the corner)....

If you want a rather informed perspective, PM fightingquaker, we've already hijacked his thread  :-*...But FQ, has been here for some time, doesn't always see things as other's here do, but backs it up, doesn't back down, and MOVES ON...

Stick around, stand down a bit, and get to know us. We can take it, and dish it out, and also remember, that we are all (By God), Americans in a troubled time.

We need to stick together, more than tear each other apart.

All the best mauler. I will apologize for inferring you are a troll. As I posted before, I think your a good guy.

We have probably more in common than you might think.

Tom Watchorn
Coral Springs, Florida

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »
"Guess what? If Ron Paul is the nominee, I won't feel as bad as I did voting for McCain. "
Same here.
Politics, religion, and women, if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.
I haven't said anything here that I would not say to some ones face, although here I kept the language relatively clean.

mauler

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 08:42:15 PM »
The "big picture" mauler, is Obama has to go. There is no perfect candidate, and this forum is a great place to rant, bit**, moan, gripe, call attention to, debate, even argue.

But if you have a legitimate question, issue, problem, or experience about a firearm, I brush any and all political differences aside, and offer my best personal exp. or a bit of knowledge, or recommend another member that maybe an expert in your particular firearm. (and there are several here.)

The politics thread generally will bring out the most passionate beliefs, and opinions in all of us. The bottom line is we here at DRTV can respect that.

We don't need a constant soapbox. The banter, name calling, passionate political debate of different opinions is an attribute to DRTV. Diversify your message. Obama is the one that has to go.

Guess what? If Ron Paul is the nominee, I won't feel as bad as I did voting for McCain.

But we're all big boys, (and girls here), and kinda police ourselves when it comes to certain responses. (Because if Marshal'ette finds out we are in deep sh**, and have to spend time in the corner)....

If you want a rather informed perspective, PM fightingquaker, we've already hijacked his thread  :-*...But FQ, has been here for some time, doesn't always see things as other's here do, but backs it up, doesn't back down, and MOVES ON...

Stick around, stand down a bit, and get to know us. We can take it, and dish it out, and also remember, that we are all (By God), Americans in a troubled time.

We need to stick together, more than tear each other apart.

All the best mauler. I will apologize for inferring you are a troll. As I posted before, I think your a good guy.

We have probably more in common than you might think.

Tom Watchorn
Coral Springs, Florida

I appreciate it, and I apologize to you as well if I offended you.

Roy Baker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk