Author Topic: Springfield XD extractor...  (Read 12786 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1099
Re: Springfield XD extractor...
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 09:58:15 AM »
In less than 30 seconds, you can replace the extractor on the "G" gun.

"Get a Glock."

I guess the Glock wins the day in that department.....   :'( .....I just tried it on my 1911 and it took me almost a minute.   :(

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 10:04:03 AM »
I guess the Glock wins the day in that department.....   :'( .....I just tried it on my 1911 and it took me almost a minute.   :(

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Slowpoke...

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
Slowpoke...

Hey, gimme a break....it's not something that's regularly required, so I was out of practice......  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 10:14:52 AM »
Hey, gimme a break....it's not something that's regularly required, so I was out of practice......  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

I got a Para so mines BIGGER!

;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 10:21:25 AM »

;D

I understand the extractor on the Ruger SR1911 is so heavy duty it will pull 2 Greeks apart.  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:52:07 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 10:24:13 AM »
I understand the extractor on the Ruger SR1911 is so heavy duty it will pull 2 Greeks apart.  ;D

That's not possible, remember Achilles and Patroclus...

;)

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 10:40:29 AM »

;D

;D

Speaking of.......I just worked on a Para and got a few surprises. (I'll start another thread on that).

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 01:37:31 PM »
Sounds like a good excuse to get another gun. Just in case.

Too bad they just can't send the darn part.

This has always been my biggest peeve with the Springfield XD. The fact they won't sell parts to the general public, forcing you to send in the gun for even the simplest of repairs. With Glock you can get any of the 34 total parts in the gun, from literally dozens of vendors out there in gun land. With the XD it's no can do. I actually know a couple of guys at my local club who have 2 of them just for this reason. They shoot steel and IDPA regularly, and can't afford to have a gun down for any length of time.

With 2 if one goes down they can send it in and still have another to shoot with. Something about that just doesn't seem right. I like Springfield, but this is one area they really need to take another look at. Especially with so many XD's out there.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 03:04:08 PM »
With 2 if one goes down they can send it in and still have another to shoot with.
That is what I was getting to in my original post.

Something about that just doesn't seem right. I like Springfield, but this is one area they really need to take another look at. Especially with so many XD's out there.

I wonder why they don't want anyone working on their pistols?  It has worked out fine for Glock....
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk