Author Topic: SR1911 one of 100  (Read 3134 times)

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SR1911 one of 100
« on: February 18, 2012, 06:03:39 PM »
Got to feast my eyes on one of these today:

My boss bought one for his father for his birthday.  He may have to clean my drool off of it before he gives it to him!
Life Member of the NRA

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: SR1911 one of 100
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 06:58:19 PM »
Remember what Patton said regarding "pearl" grips,.... ;)

However, it is beautiful. Something about the lines of a 1911 the Glock will never achieve....

and yes,.. I own one of each...
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 07:11:16 PM »
Those aint pearl, they are fake ivory.
Life Member of the NRA

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 07:23:40 PM »
Think that's the one they'll be offering in their contest?  If so, I need to get writing.   ;D

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »
I'd rather have the standard pistol with a checkered front strap. Nice barbeque gun though.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:02:49 AM »

djk5279

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 08:34:06 AM »
I would love to just see a standard version of the Ruger SR1911 in my LGS or somewhere like www.budsgunshop.com or impact guns.  These have been painfully slow in getting to market.

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »
I would love to just see a standard version of the Ruger SR1911 in my LGS or somewhere like www.budsgunshop.com or impact guns.  These have been painfully slow in getting to market.
Not hard at all to get on Gunbroker. The prices have even come down below suggested retail. I was in 3 different shops this week adn all 3 had one in stock as well. The in shop prices were still a little jacked, $30-$50 above suggested retail but they were there.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 10:29:40 AM »
Not hard at all to get on Gunbroker. The prices have even come down below suggested retail. I was in 3 different shops this week adn all 3 had one in stock as well. The in shop prices were still a little jacked, $30-$50 above suggested retail but they were there.

My FFL had a customer bring one in for warranty return.  The guy spent 1200 bucks on it because he couldn't wait!  Seems a bit silly too me!

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 11:33:03 PM »
My FFL had a customer bring one in for warranty return.  The guy spent 1200 bucks on it because he couldn't wait!  Seems a bit silly too me!
That's a Ruger fan boy to rival the best of a Glock fan boy. That's like paying a $250 premium for a RTF-2 Glock with the fish gill serrations or paying an extra $100 or more for Austrian Proofs when they don't cost any more from the factory. When I think of the quality of 1911 you can get for $1200 compared to the Ruger I can't wrap my brain around that.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk