Author Topic: A Brief Comment Made in Podcast #254  (Read 2988 times)

justbill

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A Brief Comment Made in Podcast #254
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:16:43 AM »
Michael, you said the following last week...

"I promise next week we'll all be back to the self-defense. No Cowboy Action shooting stuff."

Please don't feel a need to make the podcast self-defense all the time. Shooting encompasses so much more than that one topic. The variety of subjects covered over the years on Shooting Gallery epitomizes this. One of my favorite episodes was when you visited with The Vintagers.

Certainly the podcast revolves closely around your personal interests but even those go beyond SD. I'd personally like to hear more about Ruger Rimfire Challenge. (I plan to shoot in the World Championship in September. Hope to see some DRTV faithful!) And I'll never be offended by discussion of Cowboy Action. I sure hope no one else would be as well.

tombogan03884

Re: A Brief Comment Made in Podcast #254
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 09:36:11 AM »
Considering some of the stories you tell when you get off topic we don't really care what your original theme was.
As any one knows who has read "Over the Edge" you have done some pretty bizarre stuff and could keep listeners interested quite a while with out ever touching on guns.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 12:04:34 PM »
There are some advantages to having a checkered past...sadly, neither money nor retirement security are among them!

I suppose you could say I try to keep "on-message," except I'm not sure what the message is. Back when I occasionally spoke to large journalism groups, I used to tell the little weasels that the very things that made me a successful journalist — a kind of quirky ADD that allowed me to focus in very quickly and very intensely (and for a distressingly short span of time) on a topic, an obsession with research, an unwillingness to ever take "NO!" for an answer, and the ability to just as abruptly walk away from the topic — also made me a lousy human being. They usually thought I was joking.

So thanks! I suspect I will continue to occasionally wander aimlessly...as the great J.R.R. Tolkien noted in LOTR, "Not all those who wander are lost..."

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

berthongo

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 11:33:33 PM »
You wander?  I didn't notice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk