Author Topic: trial lawyers  (Read 1218 times)

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
trial lawyers
« on: December 28, 2012, 08:27:58 AM »
May have been mentioned already but no doubt a few of the unscrupulous trial lawyers are handing out calling cards to the victims.  Reminds me of a gold adorned boozer in a John Grisham novel.  Poor Bushmaster!!  They didn't do anything wrong but probably will be sued out of existence by venue shopping trial lawyers hunting for a sympathetic jury.

Like in the tobacco wars, trial lawyers and states attorney generals will pile on to get all the money they can.  I'm glad I'll probably be dead in another 10 years but hate it for those younger.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
Re: trial lawyers
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »
In my file of "What to do when I die" is an instruction that if I am killed in a violent manner, and if I am in a "gun free zone," and if I left firearm behind because of the "gun free" designation (if I am unarmed at the time of my death), my family is to sue the entity for denying my right to protect myself resulting in my death.

As much as I hate to see the pain, suffering, and anguish these families have been put through, I would love to see lawsuits against the school for not providing safety, and the government for forbidding carry on school grounds.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 01:15:37 PM »
It would only have a chance if one or more of the teachers actually had a CCW and was denied the right to carry because of school and Federal policy .
No CCW holders = no case.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 02:21:35 PM »
Maybe somebody should check into that!

There was another shooting recently where an administrator, principle I believe, had his handgun in his car due to the stupid ban.  The administrator was able to retrieve his handgun, break the law by reentering the school with it, and stop the initial crime.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 02:42:45 PM »
Pearl, MS.  October 1, 1997

The school's assistant principal, Joel Myrick, retrieved a .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol from his truck and, spotting him near the parking lot, shouted for Woodham to stop. Woodham instead got into his mother's car and tried to escape. Myrick, a U.S. Army Reserve commander, detained Woodham until authorities arrived
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:48:16 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk