Author Topic: Got one from the Governor.  (Read 974 times)

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Got one from the Governor.
« on: February 01, 2013, 05:27:49 PM »
Here is what I received from Governor Mead. Form letter of course, but the first line lets me know we are doing our part.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding guns laws.  Due to the volume of emails, I apologize that I cannot respond to each one individually.

The collective hearts of America were broken on the day of the Sandy Hook shooting – every parent with a school-age child, every grandparent, neighbor, and friend felt grief, fear and apprehension for those children and for every child.  We understand we need to make changes in our states and in the country to protect our kids.  School safety is a priority for us all.

However, where our passions are inflamed, we need cool heads to prevail.

I have asked for help from law enforcement, school officials and others to provide some practical, constitutional and effective changes to improve school safety.  At the same time, the Legislature is exploring these same issues.

Gun Legislation to protect gun ownership has been proposed in Wyoming and other states as well.  If any of these proposed bills are passed by both the Wyoming House and Senate, they will then be reviewed by the Attorney General’s Office to assess their constitutionality and compliance with law.  This process has to be complete before I make a decision on any bill.

I have expressed my serious concern to the White House over the use of an executive order to address a Second Amendment issue.  We will monitor this situation as egregious orders could be challengeable.
I am a parent of school-aged children.  I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and Article 1 Section 24 of the Wyoming Constitution.  I am a gun owner, including gun types some propose restricting.  I believe we can improve school safety while respecting our Constitutions, our heritage and our history.

Sincerely,

Matthew H. Mead
Governor
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk