Author Topic: Missouri School Dist Embarrasses Itself, Suspend 3rd Grader for Key Chain  (Read 1854 times)

oldkat69

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
 ???  You cant fix stupid but you can point it out to the world

http://www.newstribune.com/news/2013/feb/01/third-grader-suspended-over-toy-gun-fob/

I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Missouri School Dist Embarrasses Itself, Suspend 3rd Grader for Key Chain
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 08:53:42 AM »
I doubt they were embarrassed.

The goal is to instill such an aversion to firearms in the kids that they become conditioned to not even think about them.

They could do a better job of it but subjecting kids to prolonged electric shock, even for a "good cause", won't be tolerated...yet.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:02:46 AM »
The genius of "Zero tolerance" .
Completely eliminate the need for any one to take responsibility for an action.

oldkat69

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 09:10:28 AM »
Your Eric Holder analysis is dead on.   Stigmatize anything involving firearms, especially children.

My family members with students in the district have already lit up the phones of the school board about this ignorant behavior by the principal and the teacher.

My son knows the principal and says she is a psycho.

But, !#@$# $%^&%^ this crap is not supposed to happen out here in fly over country.
I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 09:15:10 AM »
You have Kool Aid drinkers too.
As more young people go off to college the percentage of indoctrinated "progressives" will increase in proportion.

Sponsor

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 11:43:06 AM »
You have Kool Aid drinkers too.
As more young people go off to college the percentage of indoctrinated "progressives" will increase in proportion.

Not going off to college only treats the symptom.  Need to fix the colleges for the cure.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 12:42:43 PM »

We are a castrated society, and we help wield the scalpel.

Out of fear we will not pray in public, we will not recite the Pledge of Allegiance correctly, and we consider everybody else's fears and sensitivities before doing anything.  Out of fear of lawsuits our school boards will not allow students to speak of their their faith in speeches or writings assigned, they will only allow the mention of a generic God in some genderless form in prayer, they will not allow any image or discussion of firearms in an assignment or in discussion, and we will not even do the things that laws and courts say we can do.

In Minnesota it is legal to have firearms on a school campus for certain purposes, however school administrations are so afraid of the Brady bunch that they will not even consider allowing Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Firearm Safety and Hunter Education classes to be held on campus, much less as a part of course work.  Many FFA chapters have shooting sports teams that are sanctioned through the organization, but schools will not allow them to be a part of school time.

There are levels of appropriate, but that does not mean we should shut up and avoid all together.  Zero Tolerance does not mean charms on a bracelet or key chain.  Freedom of does not mean freedom from, and anti-bullying is nothing more than a way to increase punishment for anything that somebody does not like.

Rant off!

*If this seems a little disjointed I apologize.  It took me over 45 minutes to write as the phones have been busy, but I decided to leave it rather than delete and not vent.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

graywolf

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »
How do we stop this?  First, get to know your school board. The are elected by us.  Find out if they support zero tolerance poliices and why.  These are the people who hire school administrators.  Some of these adminstrators earn in excess of $100,000 per year plus benefits. The administrators have a say in who becomes a principal and who doesn't.  Go to school board meetings and make your voices heard.  If you feel they don't listen...recall 'em. Organize people who have the same opinions that you have. At school board election time, vote them out.  If you are unhappy with the way your schools are run do something about it. It's all about local control.

Hannibal ad portas  Hannibal is at the gates

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk